Bizarre iTunes App issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alienvariety, Jun 4, 2010.

1. alienvariety macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could help me out. Out of the blue iTunes suddenly decided it was going to redownload all my apps completely unnecessarily as they're all already installed on the computer and the iPhone.

It wouldn't be an issue if I just had one or two, but I literally have 100s of apps of varying sizes, including a few that are upwards of 100mb. I don't want it to continually hog my bandwidth redownloading everytime I open iTunes. Any way I can stop it? At the minute I'm clicking "pause all" everytime I open it, but it's beginning to get frustrating.

No idea why it would happen anyway, but my main priority is stopping it.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Contact iTunes Store support via email (pick a topic/subtopic that has Email Us as an option) and let them know you'd like to clear your download queue. Just a guess but if you emailed them before and asked them to make something you previously downloaded available for download again or requested a regrant of part of your purchase history, this is why your download queue is filled. If you have an iPod touch or iPhone you can call into AppleCare and a support agent can try to contact iTunes Store for you, but you may not be able to speak to someone directly, the AppleCare agent will go through their escalation path and get the issue resolved.