Bizarre iTunes Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JamonBull, Jul 15, 2010.

1. JamonBull macrumors regular

JamonBull

Ok so my iTunes account is not recognising my iPhone at all. I recently bought a new MacBook Air, and when I turned it on for the first time I installed a Time Capsule backup. iPhone was fine with my old iMac, but now on the Air, iTunes just will not recognise it! I'm pretty sure it's not a USB problem, as when I plug it in to the Air, it chimes and charges, but the iPhone is not showing in the iTunes device list! I tried to solve this last night by deleting and reinstalling iTunes. It solved the issue temporarily and the iPhone was recognised, but when plugging it in again after that, same old story. Help please! Any ideas?!

2. GilesM macrumors 6502

today I had a similar issue, but with an ipod classic, not an iPhone.
    No matter what I did the ipod just stopped communicating with iTunes.
    Itunes would eject the device within a few seconds of being connected.
    Odd thing was even though the ipod was ejected, it still remained in the Devices window.
    There was something wrong with the communications between the device and iTunes.

So, I restored itunes from Time Machine, pointed the new install at my library (which is on a USB drive), restored the iPod, and now it all works again.

Only similar to your case in as much as a device that used to communicate to iTunes suddenly stopped working.

Perhaps iTunes 9.2 has some issues appearing....