Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitdean

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Hello all. Perhaps you can help me.
My Macbook Pro, to put it delicately, is driving me bats**t insane.

Exhibit A.
TSdvB.jpg

This is an honest to goodness, Command-Shift-3 screenshot of the issue. This says to me that it isn't a screen issue (my first inkling), but rather must be something wrong with the graphics card (I think?).

Exhibit B.
2XPnw.jpg

Upon restarting the computer, this occurs two or three times, and on the third or fourth, the computer boots up perfectly, and gives me no hassles for the next week or so.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any wisdom to impart?

tombilske

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2010
Australia
does your computer have an 8600GT (im not sure on your model) because if it does you need to run as fast as you can to an apple store before your computer is three years old. All Apple computers with an 8600GT have an extended 3 year warranty on the graphics card because of all of the issues caused by them. i think your graphics card has failed and if you hurry apple will fix it for you :)

good luck :)

Aug 26, 2008
It just works.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help. Your graphics card is likely going as others have said. Take it in.

digitdean

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Thank you all for confirming my suspicions. I opted for Applecare, and that stretches into the third week of July, so I'll definitely take your advice to heart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.