Bizarre order change from app order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Four oF NINE, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I ordered as soon as the Apple store app went hot, went through the process, clicked the appropriate boxes, and then got a confirmation e-mail for a DIFFERENT PHONE!!!!

I ordered a 128 GB Gold iPhone 6S, and got an order confirmation for an ultra lame 16 GB!! WTF?!!???

So I couldn't reach anyone at Apple at that time, couldn't alter the order, so I had to order a SECOND PHONE.. Silver this time, but 128 GB and couldn't apply the AT&T next program since it had already been applied to the first order, right? So I had to buy a T-Mobile unlocked phone and pay for the whole thing up front.

At around 7:05, I was able to reach Apple Care phone support, and explained what happened to Matt, he canceled the first order, but could do nothing about the AT&T NEXT situation.. He said I had to go to the AT&T store to deal with that, and maybe he could adjust it later, but no guarantees. He said he could cancel my second phone order as well, but ship times by then had already dropped to ship in 2 - 3 weeks..

LAME!

2. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

UPDATE: AT&T says they can't change the status once it's ordered; So I'm just keeping it as is, I'll have an unlocked phone off contract, not the worst possible outcome.

3. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

UPDATE: Called Apple care, they were able to get me the phone I wanted originally and include the AT&T NEXT program, AND maintain 9/25 delivery :cool::D