BIZARRE problems with contact sync with iphnone/ipad and itunes ... help??? :)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eroxx, Jan 19, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Here's the deal:

In itunes, I have the box checked to sync contacts. In my address book (apple's default address book), I have 329 contacts. When I sync my iphone with itunes, however, I get over 1000+ contacts, most of which are NOT in my address book program. I don't know where they are coming from! They are people I know/etc, but have no idea a) where they're coming from or b) how to fix it.

What I've done as a temporary (but not a good) fix is to create a group in my address book called iphone contacts, drag the 329 contacts to it, and then select "iphone contacts" as the selected group to sync. But then my phone still has 2 groups of contacts: "All from my Mac" and "iphone contacts." If I add a contact in my phone, it defaults to "all from my mac" and so that doesn't really work for me either ... Help???? :)

Thanks!
    -
    Eric

2. kolax macrumors G3

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you mean for the mac, mailplane. But I don't have any of the boxes checked for syncing with anything else ... It is so bizarro!

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

With your phone plugged into your computer and iTunes open, select your device, select the info pane, and check if you have any other contacts set to sync, such as google, yahoo, or "add contacts created outside of groups".

5. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

The ONLY thing that is checked is "sync contacts from address book"