Bizarre SMS/iMessage glitch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Schmactor, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Schmactor macrumors member

Not sure if this is an iMessage glitch or Verizon, or whatever service the other sender uses, but a very strange thing happened today and wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows about this sort of glitch: A friend apparently sent both my wife and I a text message on a thread with the 3 of us. Somehow that same message at the same time also appeared in 2 completely separate threads with other people which the sender was not at all a part of - and in different ones on each of our phones. In one of the threads on my phone it said the person added themselves to the conversation (which is impossible) then removed the other person who was actually on the thread. I'm guessing this is not some hacker thing but just a very bizarre glitch that happened in the messaging system. It happened on both of our phones and in several unrelated message threads.

2. Orlaam macrumors member

Yeah, this is ironic. A nurse on my unit sent a text to a doctor and it ended up on my phone too. She doesn't have my number. I showed her and she thought the doctor somehow forwarded it, but I know he didn't. Why would he? It just showed up on my thread to him. Very bizarre.