Bizarre Song Syncing Inconsistency with iOS Devices

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puma1552, Jul 30, 2014.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I've got several click wheel iPods of various generations, an iPhone 5 on the most current iOS, and an iPad 4 on the most current iOS.

Whenever I buy a song from iTunes, I typically like to tweak the album/artist/song title tags - specifically, I make sure every word in all of these is capitalized - makes for a clean looking, consistent iTunes.

So I just downloaded 10 or so songs and right clicked and clicked "get info" song by song so I could tweak the titling on a few of the songs. No problems, they look as I want in iTunes.

I then synced them to my click wheel iPods, and they look fine.

However when I sync them to either iOS device, in iTunes, the devices show the tags as I have them with the extra capitalizations. However, on the devices themselves, my capitalization edits are not reflected - the tags are as the song came from iTunes. Note I bought these songs on my computer, then transferred to the iOS devices.

What's the deal here? Basically for iOS devices, my manual tag changes are nullified when viewing the songs on the device itself, while iTunes on my computer shows that the tags for the songs are how I want them on the device in iTunes.

2. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

3. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

4. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Strange indeed. How about trying a tag editing program (maybe trial ware)? I believe that when you edit the info in iTunes you're not actually changing the file attributes (the tags themselves).

Having said that, I don't have this issue and I do the same as you: tweak the "stock" tags. However, I buy my music from Amazon so it's in MP3 format.