Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DjElfo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2013
Hello,
I have a serious issue with my MacBook Pro, 15inch Retina Mid 2014. I am running OSX 10.9.5.
I'm a traveling DJ/Musician. I can't update to Yosemite because some of my software is yet to become compatible.
Heres my problem.
Every new Wifi signal I come to, I stay in hotels and new aparments every few months, it's great. It connects and works fine. Then about two or three days in, at about 1pm the connection fades and then disconnects. And no matter what I do it will not reconnect. My iPhone, iPad and other MacBook (identical model) work great. Then, later that night or the next morning it will then connect again and work for a while. And for the duration of my stay its unpredictable and comes and goes as it wishes.
Heres another weird part, I booted my Mac with command R held to repair and verify the HD in case that would fix it. And from that screen it lets me connect! But once I restart to my normal screen it's gone.
I know there's a software glitch some where but I don't know where to look. I've repaired permissions, I've deleted the wifi and started a new one, I've opened a new location. I've told my Mac to forget connection and reconnected. I've done most everything listed here; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202222
Nothing works. Please help this is so frusterating.
I will say that when I got this mac new from Best Buys I loaded from Time Machine from my previous MacBook and I have a feeling the glitch carried over or something. I don't remember having the problem on that one but maybe I did.
Thanks for any and all suggestions!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.