Bizarro iphone6/iOS 8 reorientation issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by riverfreak, Oct 18, 2014.

1. riverfreak macrumors 6502a

I have been having this bizarre problem with my new iPhone 6+ running iOS8.

Here's the scenario.

1. Lock iPhone. Place in pocket, typically with the home button up.

2. Remove iPhone. Hold in its normal orientation with the home button DOWN. Orientation lock is off. The screen display remains upside down, regardless of reorient ting the phone.

Bizarrely, putting the orientation lock in the ON position partially resolves the problem. But only in the sense that when you unlock the phone in portrait mode, everything remains in the correct orientation. HOWEVER, new photos are UPSIDE DOWN!

Any insight? This is super annoying.

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

3. Mr Hands macrumors regular

Umm... I have seen multiple threads here about this. I don't think OP is trolling.

4. Bahroo macrumors 68000

This literally just happened to me before for the first time actually, literally just happened, then I load up Macrumors >iPhone forums and I see this at the very top haha wow.

5. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Same happens here. Also very annoying when watching a video in landscape and the screen will flip to portrait when I receive a text notification.

6. riverfreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Please explain to me why this is a troll thread. I am happy to document the issue if I have time. It's rather convoluted since I have to take a video with my decrepit 5s.

----------

Thank you to other users here for confirmation. Can someone point me to the other threads?