Bizzare MBP problems...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MichaelThomas, Apr 29, 2007.

1. MichaelThomas macrumors member

I got my mbp on tuesday and since then Ive noticed a few problems. Every now and then the volume decides to turn itself up automatically. When I turn it down it continues to turn itself up, even once its full it still tries and the bleep occurs. Also once it stops the alert sounds randomly for a minute or two. This has only happened twice since wednesday.

Also this morning when I shut it to put it to sleep, it restated?

And Ive noticed that the trackpad doesnt sit totally flush. In the center at the front, its a little higher than everywere else. Best way to describe it is that its at the same level as the top casing. I will try get a picture up to show later.

Anyone think this could be causing the problems? Anyone had any of these problems. I'm thinking of calling apple tomorrow to make a log of these issues just incase they keep reoccuring and I need to send it in.

2. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

No idea whats causing it but just ring AppleCare and they will sort you out.

3. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

Same problems here, to fix the volume and restart issues, reset the PRAM (restart holding down +option+p+r), and the SMC (turn off, disconnect everything, take out the battery, and hold the power down for 10 seconds). For the trackpad, take it to applecare.

4. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. Heres some pictures.

This is of the track pad. It looks really steep there than what it probably is.
    [​IMG]

Oh and heres a picture of the front of the casing above the sensor for the remote. It seems to not lie flat with the rest of the case... is this normal?
    [​IMG]

And heres another picture of the trackpad.
    [​IMG]

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Mine is like that. I assume that it is meant to be.

Looking harder I see that the rear of the trackpad is slightly sunken whereas mine is perfectly flat.

6. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

I just looked at a friends and his is the same. Oh well.

And the trackpad is actually risen in that small section. Anyone think it would be a quick fix from apple as I could reall do without loosing it for a few days. Plus I live miles away from an apple store.

I remember reading somewere about u can exchange it within 14days? Is this true?

7. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

you could try a hammer, apple is slow.
    mine is the same as yours if it makes you feel better.

8. mylo macrumors newbie

My trackpad does the same thing too. If anybody has a way to fix it, i'd love to know. :)

9. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

wow theres several of us with this problem? Anyone else? Im gonna give them a call tomorrow to see what they say anyway.

Just out of curiosity...

Since Its within 14 days, could I send mine back for this reason and ask for the 160GB hardrive and pay the difference?

10. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

Did the PRAM and the PMU reset fix your other problems?

11. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

Yeah they did man :) Thanks alot for that! sorry I totally forgot to say thank you! But I very very much appreciate it :)

12. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

No prob;)

13. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

anyone?

14. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

if its in the 14 day period you can return it for no reason, but you'll pay a 15 or 10% surcharge.

They probably wont accept it if looks funny or is uneven as reason for exchange under warrenty.

15. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

eh, you think you've got problem I just got my MBP back from repair, none of my problems were fixed and it was replaced with a dead logic board... I have to get another repair.

16. MichaelThomas thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I read your thread. Unlucky man. Hope they sort it out fast.

17. spookje macrumors member

Yes, I have those openings also even after they replaced my topcasing. I think it something which is normal. I think it only looks perfect on the pictures of Apple. It's annoying, but it still works fine! Would be cool if they would wanna fix it, though.

18. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

My first MBP 17" came with a deformed bottom tray (way to go Apple! Gotta love that Chinese child labor!). I called Apple when it arrived and they wanted to have me send it in to Applecare. I told them I wasn't going to send a new computer in to be gang raped by a bunch of "Geniuses", I wanted a new one.

I was told that it couldn't be done. I hung up and called back. Same thing.

Called again and they said I could send it back for a new one but that would take at least two weeks and it would only take three days with Applecare.

I called back.

FINALLY I got someone (who will probably get fired) who said that my MBP was "DOA" and sent me a new one in two days. Sweet!

More of the story is, keep fighting The Man even if it is Steve Jobs. :apple:

19. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Two things...

1. My 17" MBP had a slightly uneven pad (it was high on the right side) but I pressed it down hard with my thumb and all is well. I wouldn't keep what you have though. You paid good money and Apple knows that we are all anal. They should do a better job in the QA department.

2. I'm not sure of what you bought but if you modified any of the settings (different size drive, more memory) you have a CUSTOM computer and it can't be returned unless it is DOA. No refunds on custom jobs. Therefore, make sure it is DOA. :cool: