Bizzarre Apple Watch Glitch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Mymosa, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Mymosa, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

Mymosa macrumors regular

Mymosa

This took 2 days and 3 Apple techs to figure out, and the only way we figured it out was one guy in the support center had a watch.

When you set up Apple pay on your watch it makes you have a password to open the watch. That's fine. When I would put my arm down every time it would ask for the password. That got old QUICK. It was okay when I didn't have the password but some other things were a bit glitch like the Watch going to sleep really fast. I also wasn't able to use glances or anything until I put in a password.

So to make a long story short, All this happened because I have a blue/green tattoo on the wrist I am wearing the watch on!!!!!

WTF???
    It interferes with the watch in that regards. SO I now have to either not have Apple pay and wear the watch without the password on my tattoo wrist or switch to my non tattoo'd wrist to have everything work right. It will then only ask for the password if I take off the watch and works as normal and lets me do apple pay.

So now I told them and spread to word that if you have a tattoo on your watch wrist funny things may happen

smh - btw I have the Watch, not sport, with the sapphire
    crystal and the traditional black buckle

2. poppy10 macrumors regular

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

not gonna lie, I am surprised the techs did not have you try your other wrist right away.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

5. Mymosa thread starter macrumors regular

Mymosa

6. Mymosa thread starter macrumors regular

Mymosa

Thanks I posted there. Seems like I may be one of the few with actual issues

----------

I wish, It could have saved me a total of around 6 hours over the two days