Black Aluminum MacBook???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iJimmy, Mar 12, 2009.

?

Will Apple offer a Black Aluminum Macbook?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    81.3%
  1. iJimmy macrumors regular

iJimmy

Do you think Apple will offer a black aluminum macbook in the near future?

I currently have a black macbook. Today I went into the Apple store to check out the new iMac but started to play with the aluminum macbooks, and feel in love! It runs alot cooler than my merom 2.2.

I'm thinking upgrading, but would hate it if they offer a black aluminum in the near future...

ps... I'm currently in the process of trading my 2.2/4gb/320gb(7200) for an aluminum 2.4/4gb/250gb(5400) and I was wondering how much cash on top I should offer.

2. zotes24 macrumors regular

zotes24

its possible cause they came out with the ipod shuffle in black alum. But NOT likely because they would have offered it from the beginning. just all speculaton...

3. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

I think it's a possibility, I bet they have been playing with the idea of Black Al anyway- iPod Nano, followed by shuffle, maybe even a Black Pro Book? who knows.

It would be a great way to hook new buyers come summer, with simple spec refresh, maybe bigger hard drive and a mini firewire port:eek: one could dream-(NOT TO BEAT A DEAD HORSE, Just completely dreaming, then I wake up and think, damn this is a nice MacBook Pro, so it doesn't affect me.)

4. Knolly macrumors 6502a

While they probably won't, I certainly would love it if they did.

5. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I agree that it would look awesome if done like the new Shuffle, however it is very unlikely that this will ever happen.

6. CarlisleUnited macrumors 6502

I hope not because i just got the aluminium MacBook and would love to have it in black, not that it doesnt look incredible the way it is though

7. iJimmy thread starter macrumors regular

iJimmy

Thanks for your input. I guess I can only dream. The alu MB already has a simple and sleek design, although if Apple did offer a black alu MB I'd buy it without a doubt.

8. xkRoWx macrumors regular

xkRoWx

Anodized aluminum? People will start whining when it starts "chipping" off. Plus, scuffs and scratches are more prominent on black metallic objects.