Black Anodized Aluminum Macs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moogs, Sep 13, 2012.

1. moogs macrumors member

Anyone think Apple will start doing this with the Macs? T'would be amazing.

2. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

Its a possibility. But also as much of a possibility that they start making multicoloured anodised aluminium macs. They've anodised black aluminium for a long time with the iPod range and only just used it on the iphone. I would have thought they would have done it with the mac line by now to be honest if it was wanted.

3. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Well we havent seen multicolored macs since G3...
    After we all switched to aluminum, it became 1 color

4. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

I'd love to have a black aluminium mac, but in all honesty I dont think it will ever happen.

If they do it with one mac lineup, i.e. the MacBook Pro, they have to do it with every line. Macs dont sell anywhere near enough to warrant the extra expenditure required to offer the consumer such a choice.

5. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

There was an article posted on Macrumors a while ago citing a source that said that Apple had tried it but was not happy with how the finish would wear over time.

I guess if they can get a more durable finish that didn't look bad after being used for a while they could do it. The fact that they're doing a dark anodized aluminum finish on the new iPhone seems promising in this regard.

It would be more feasible on the iMacs since they don't have to endure sweaty palms like a Macbook does.

7. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

It just wouldnt work well for the iMac line though. They'd have to intentionally change the colour of the apple logos on them in order for it to work, and I cant see many people wanting a bright white apple logo sitting right underneath the screen.

8. Stetrain macrumors 68040

On the iPhone 5 the Apple logo isn't a different color, just a different texture. The back is matte but the logo is polished smooth. They would probably do something similar on the iMac.

9. neilpryde23 macrumors regular

Maybe several years down the road with LiquidMetal?

10. MaxPower72 macrumors 6502

MaxPower72