Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knolly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
Okay, so who here is wager'n for a black aluminum keyboard in the near future?

I mean it is now the only product of theirs (disregarding the 17" MBP which I'm sure will get the design update in the future, odds are a technical feasibility problem is holding it now) that does not use a black keyboard. Furthermore, all three of Apple's laptops now use the exact same keyboard layout as the wireless keyboard, just in black.

I mean, you gotta figure eventually for production cost sake they'll convert to only black...

Meh, I hope so at least since my keyboard is the only white thing in my computer setup. Throws off my zen.

redmeister

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
agree, would love to see it and think it actually makes sense given everything we've seen thus far transpire

MacBass

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2005
La Crosse, WI
They'll probably release a black keyboard when they release a black and aluminum Mini...HA! Good joke.

But I would totally lay down the scrap for a black and aluminum keyboard.

southerndoc

Contributor
May 15, 2006
USA
If they release a black aluminum keyboard, Apple will likely also release a black Mighty Mouse (here's hoping they include a forward/back button).

redmeister

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2007
If they release a black aluminum keyboard, Apple will likely also release a black Mighty Mouse (here's hoping they include a forward/back button).

oh yea good call forward/bk button would be sweet. ah we can always hope and then have our hopes smashed haha

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
Okay, so who here is wager'n for a black aluminum keyboard in the near future?

I mean it is now the only product of theirs (disregarding the 17" MBP which I'm sure will get the design update in the future, odds are a technical feasibility problem is holding it now) that does not use a black keyboard. Furthermore, all three of Apple's laptops now use the exact same keyboard layout as the wireless keyboard, just in black.

I mean, you gotta figure eventually for production cost sake they'll convert to only black...

Meh, I hope so at least since my keyboard is the only white thing in my computer setup. Throws off my zen.

Yup. They should come out with all the iPod colors.

zer0tails

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
Canada
i'm abit sad that Apple is moving away from their iconic white, so i hope they don't do that.

I got nostalgic and bought the white iPhone lols as it reminded me of the original iPods.

But see the thing is, if they were to go with a black keyboard to match the iMac, they would have done so already.

Unless it's a backlit keyboard then we'll see black. Otherwise, No.

Emulsion

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2007
A backlit black keyboard would be awesome.

I agree, everything on my desk is black and aluminum too. (even my fishbowl, it looks awesome).

I can see them releasing a glass mighty mouse. I envision it being touch sensitive all around, and including certain gestures and stuff. They filed a patent for it somewhere... I can see them sticking with white wires though. It matches, and sends a message, like the white earbuds.

jonnyb

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Inverness, Scotland
Just for fun (and secretly hoping for a reply) I emailed Steve Jobs to ask for a black aluminium keyboard. It seems to be a no-brainer now that black keyboards seem to be the norm.

It just seems odd that Apple were so adamant that black keys looked wrong when they were asked about it when the alu keyboard was first released

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.