Black Apple Aluminum Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Knolly, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Okay, so who here is wager'n for a black aluminum keyboard in the near future?

I mean it is now the only product of theirs (disregarding the 17" MBP which I'm sure will get the design update in the future, odds are a technical feasibility problem is holding it now) that does not use a black keyboard. Furthermore, all three of Apple's laptops now use the exact same keyboard layout as the wireless keyboard, just in black.

I mean, you gotta figure eventually for production cost sake they'll convert to only black...

Meh, I hope so at least since my keyboard is the only white thing in my computer setup. Throws off my zen.

2. redmeister macrumors 6502

agree, would love to see it and think it actually makes sense given everything we've seen thus far transpire

3. MacBass macrumors 6502

MacBass

They'll probably release a black keyboard when they release a black and aluminum Mini...HA! Good joke.

But I would totally lay down the scrap for a black and aluminum keyboard.

4. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

If they release a black aluminum keyboard, Apple will likely also release a black Mighty Mouse (here's hoping they include a forward/back button).

5. redmeister macrumors 6502

oh yea good call forward/bk button would be sweet. ah we can always hope and then have our hopes smashed haha

6. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Actually I would be happy with a back button. I don't use the forward button that much.

7. RRutter macrumors 6502

Yup. They should come out with all the iPod colors.

8. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

i'm abit sad that Apple is moving away from their iconic white, so i hope they don't do that.

I got nostalgic and bought the white iPhone lols as it reminded me of the original iPods.

But see the thing is, if they were to go with a black keyboard to match the iMac, they would have done so already.

Unless it's a backlit keyboard then we'll see black. Otherwise, No.

9. Emulsion macrumors 6502

A backlit black keyboard would be awesome.

I agree, everything on my desk is black and aluminum too. (even my fishbowl, it looks awesome).

I can see them releasing a glass mighty mouse. I envision it being touch sensitive all around, and including certain gestures and stuff. They filed a patent for it somewhere... I can see them sticking with white wires though. It matches, and sends a message, like the white earbuds.

10. buyusfear macrumors 6502

even in white, backlit would be sweet. My current aluminum keyboard is already showing signs of wear, as in ink wearing off the keys..:(

11. jonnyb macrumors 65816

Just for fun (and secretly hoping for a reply) I emailed Steve Jobs to ask for a black aluminium keyboard. It seems to be a no-brainer now that black keyboards seem to be the norm.

It just seems odd that Apple were so adamant that black keys looked wrong when they were asked about it when the alu keyboard was first released

12. marvel2 macrumors 6502

That would be a good idea, but most people have desk lamps.