Black Background for iTunes 9?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Plastonick, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Plastonick macrumors newbie

Is it possible to set the rather bright and empty/windows looking iTunes 9 background to black?

If not, then I'm going back to version 8. However, I'd like to stick with the most up to date if possible.

Thanks,
    Plastonick

2. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

I don't think it's possible at this point - I haven't seen anything on it.
    My best suggestion - and what I'll be doing - is submitting feedback to Apple on this and other "features" in the new iTunes 9.

3. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

I came here with the very same question. Overall I like the new layout in iTunes 9, but miss the black background. The white makes everything look too busy...

4. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

get black background back in grid view in iTunes 9?

I keep my main music library in grid view. I much preferred the black background in the previous version of itunes. version 9 has a white background. I don't seem to see anywhere to change this (like how you can with iphoto). is it possible?
    thanks!

5. HBOC macrumors 68020

until magnifique is compatible with SL (it may be already), i don't know. Someone over at Macthemes was able to get the Art and Sart bin from Leopard, allowing people theme Leopard, but I haven't checked over there in a while...

I do not like the white/grey background either..

6. reptiledude4 macrumors member

reptiledude4

7. wpc33 macrumors 6502

wpc33

I was impressed with how decently iTunes 9 ran(over the course of 3 hours), but I downgraded purely because the white background and the fugly, phony looking metallic shading on the "frame" of the app(if that makes sense). I also hate the black background to the artwork viewer when you have non-square images. This makes no sense! White denotes nothingness in the extra spaces of the viewer much better. The black is pretending to be part of the art. What were they thinking, and why were they thinking it? I think :apple: have been farting around w/iTunes where they need not, instead of releasing a G.D. cocoa version, already.
    This version of iTunes was offensive to my eyes. Nasty.

8. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

9. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

broken link and this is a really bad screw up on Apple's part

10. HBOC macrumors 68020

check macthemes2.net, there are a few new iTunes 9.1 skins for Mac.