Black Book Sleep Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by peeaanuut, Mar 29, 2009.

1. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I purchased my blackbook in late Sept of last year. Now I am havin sleep issues. The laptop will simply fall asleep during use. Right in the middle of typing it will go to sleep. It requires several presses of the power button to come back on. I have adjusted the power settings in several different ways. The battery reads full. I ever charged it overnight to make sure it was fully charged. All of the capacity lights light up. I have shut it down several times and restarted to no avail.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

2. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Is it definitely sleeping (screen off, power light pulsing slowly) or is it hibernating (everything off, battery gauge showing one light flashing rapidly)?

Hibernating could be a battery circuit board or logic board problem, as the computer will go into hibernation as a last resort when it perceives the battery as empty to protect both your data and the contents of the RAM.

If its sleeping... well if I'm honest that isn't something I've come across before, sorry.

3. peeaanuut thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought the hibernation thing at first too, but it is definately sleeping. I know I havent had the best battery maintenance as far as how often to charge, shut down and discharge as its my first laptop, but can see that being much of the problem.