Black border around YouTube videos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hitrate, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Hitrate macrumors 6502

Hitrate

I have a 2011 Macbook Pro 15" connected via hdmi to a 42" 1080p tv. When Watching youtube video's in full screen, any quality, it shows black bars on the top and bottom and both sides, perhaps a few inches...anyone know how to fix this to that videos fills the entire screen like it should?!

2. Hitrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Hitrate

No one else got this issue and fixed it? Running Lion now, same deal..Btw. runs full screen fine in my BootCamp Win 7 64bit partition, and when not running the external TV it runs in full screen fine on the 15" MBP screen...

Help?

3. Hitrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Hitrate

Pretty sucky that no one replys to my post. Wtf people?! I'm sure I'm not the only one with the problem

So I had to against my will change the arrange so that the menu bar is now on the external display - that way when I watch youtube videos in full screen on the external, they actually use the full screen, no black borders on top and bottom.

Now for another problem - Launchpad still is on the 15" display - any way to force it to be on the main screen, wich is the external... ?

4. jakudo macrumors member

Hi, I have the same exact problem as you. Did you find any solution excel switching the main monitor?

P.S.: the switching of the monitor didn't help to me... :(