Black Border on new MBP: Not Happening

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fastthumbs, Sep 25, 2008.

1. fastthumbs macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I just want to get it out there that any pictures that surface in the coming weeks of purported new MacBook Pros, as is sure to happen as the date nears, can be immediately dismissed as fake if the mockup puts a black bezel around the display.

Apple specifically chose the color of aluminum they use on their products to provide the most neutral frame of reference for color. I read this on the Cinema Display product page at Apple.com once. It's the same for the Pros - their core demographic is creative professionals, who obviously must frequently choose precise colors. With the zillions of colors in the HD display I hope they're putting in there, it'll be even more important to have that neutral grey backdrop.

But if you ask me, the new MacBooks - not Pros - will almost certainly have a black bezel. They put those on to make the screen "pop" - just look how it works on the iMac and iPhone/iPod touch. For a consumer notebook, that would absolutely be great.

2. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Doesn't Adobe LightRoom come with an all-black interface surrounding the photos?