Black Box Behind Folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macbaseball, Oct 10, 2012.

1. macbaseball, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I just starting having this problem with one of my Macs. I have never seen anything like it. A quick Google search didn't come back with anything other than the VoiceOver trick, which didn't work.

Essentially, there is this folder in the middle of my screen. If you click the red button, nothing happens. If you minimize it, another folder is created, and that goes down into the dock. The green button has the effect shown in the photos. If you drag the folder, another one pops out, and the original one stays locked in place. Any ideas on how to get rid of this folder, with the black outline? I have tried the logging in and out, relaunching the finder, and restarting.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It looks like a ton of identical windows right on top of each other. Try option-clicking the red button, that should close all the open windows. Not sure it'll work, but it's worth a try.

jW

3. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I agree with Mal, if it is multiple Finder Folders (Windows) open, while in Finder either Option click the Red close button or press Option-Command-W and that will close them all.

4. macbaseball thread starter macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Wow it was as simple as that. My Mother emailed me with those pictures and I went straight to my trusty friend Google. Thanks for your help, both of you.