Black bumper vs. others

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jrwalk2, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jrwalk2 macrumors newbie

In anticipation of Apple beginning to give out free bumpers this week, I was wondering if I could getting any feedback from already owners on them. I am looking at getting either the black or white and pairing it with a carbon fiber skin. However, in reading some posts people are saying the material of the black bumper is different from the others (much more rubbery). I am unsure of which way to go because I carry my phone in my pocket and do not want to get a case that is difficult to slide in and out of my pocket.

What are your experiences with the bumpers (specifically black and white)?

2. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

I have (if you including my wife's iPhone 4) 3 bumpers. The black, white, and pink.

The black and pink are very similar. They both have much more "sticky" rubber edges, perhaps the black a bit more so but not by much. This material is more flexible and best of all is sticky enough that if you put your phone down on a surface it will NOT slide. It does not pick up dirt or lint.

The white is very, very different. The white rubber is nearly as hard as solid plastic but still has a tiny bit of flex or I would have thought it was plastic. It makes the phone feel more slippery and the phone can slide on surfaces, although is maybe a bit less slippery than a naked phone.

I like them all but wish the white had a rubber like the black or pink. I am using the white now and like the look but am strongly considering going back to the black one to increase the safety factor of the bumper on my phone.

3. JLemm macrumors regular

4. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I have four bumpers: white, black, blue, & green.

They all feel the same except for the black. Personally, I prefer its grip compared to the others, but I prefer color instead of just black. I thought I'd REALLY love the white, but I was mistaken. The slight grey in it makes it look dirty. It eventually got to me, & I took it off. The green has been my favorite overall.