Black casing/housing loose. Advice?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchyphone, Apr 20, 2008.

1. touchyphone macrumors regular

Hey all, wondered if you all though this was worht a visit to the Apple Store for a possible exchange. I have an iPhone. 5 months old. Never dropped, no scratches, dents, dings, never jailbroken, never unlocked (on AT&T). Love the phone, however recently, the black bottom protion on the back, housing the antennas, has become, loose, so loose in fact it clicks and makes noise and actually moves. It has become qutie a pain. Would Apple replace this phone for a new one or refurb one? I ask only because it has gotten annoying and I am still in my 1 year Man. Fac. warranty. So any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Any company if you mail it in will usually replace it with a refurb, if its an on the spot exchange its usually a new one.

3. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

Not true. The apple store has boxes of refurb iPhones that they basically hand out. I was at the genius bar for about an 15 minutes and saw 4 phones come out of white boxes with serials starting with 5K.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The Refurb Iphones are just as good. Just bring it in and have it replaced.
    Also your warranty is still valid if you notice any problems with the new unit.