Black cloth for cleaning screen--where to get an extra?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by roisin and mac, Mar 14, 2008.

1. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, I was thinking it would be nice if I could get myself another one of the small black, square cloths like the one that came with my MacBook to clean the screen. It would be convenient to be able to keep one in my laptop bag and the other at home and not have to move it all the time.

Do you know where I could get one? I tried eBay but the best search keywords I could think of were 'mac screen cloth' and that turned up precisely one result. Plus, it'd be harder to figure out whether it's the real thing or some black piece of vaguely suede-looking fabric stamped with a copied Apple logo; my MB is still new, plus it's my very first mac, so I'm a bit paranoid about what I use to clean it, and especially when it comes to the screen, I'd be apoplectic if anyone tried to clean it with anything other than the wee black cloth.

Any ideas on where to get one or which other keywords to try on fleabay would be much appreciated :)

EDIT: heh, hope this is the right forum. Not sure. At all. If it isn't I apologize! Please feel free to move it where it belongs. :)

2. scottydawg macrumors 6502

scottydawg

3. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I just use sunglasses cleaning stuff from the sunglass hut

4. roisin and mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, first of all thanks for the answers! It's lovely to know that people actually take the time to help you :)

I have a lot of various types of electronics cleaning cloths, most of which I have found pretty useful. It's just that when it comes to cleaning the screen of the MacBook, I rather got my heart set on the black suede-like on that came with it--first-time mac-user and being Very Finicky, heh :p

If you know anywhere I could get an extra one, that'd be great! Alternatively, you could give me some pointers on where to try writing to Apple to see if they sell them as parts or something? Dunno, if this is a stupid notion, sorry!!

roisin

5. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

The link I provided has them in black. Same kind of cloth, you pick whatever color you want.