Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is behind the curtain?

• iPhone Display

Votes: 118 54.1%
  • Something New - Unseen

Votes: 71 32.6%
  • iPod Socks (aka basically nothing new)

Votes: 29 13.3%

• Total voters

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
okay, so there was a minute when there was no guard. i took a deep breath, went over to the curtain, and tried to open it... no use! The edges of the curtain are wrapped around big metal poles, so it can't be opened.

My heart still pounding, i went up to the coolest-looking Apple employee I could find and asked what was behind the curtain... He said "Construction. I don't know. Maybe the iPhone?" I think he knew and just couldn't tell me, he and his friend were laughing about it.

I'm sorry, master, I have failed you... ::bows head::

Did you try pulling it from the floor? I didn't want to even go there, but it sounded like you had a chance.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
6 Pages and only one person had the b*lls to actually 'touch' the curtain?

Come on guys.... do the spill the coins idea, get on all 4's and get your head under the curtain..... This is not like breaking into Area 51 or the Pentagon.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
I might be going tomorrow. I'll try to take a pic. I mean, what could they do... especially to a kid?

wachatu

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2007
I know how to do it!

I say we put together 6 or so guys, dress them up in spacesuits or some crazy gear and bring them in as nuclear experts on a high alert tip of higher than normal radioactive material detection. Evacuate everyone including the geniuses and then head straight for the curtains.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I say we put together 6 or so guys, dress them up in spacesuits or some crazy gear and bring them in as nuclear experts on a high alert tip of higher than normal radioactive material detection. Evacuate everyone including the geniuses and then head straight for the curtains.

How about we all dress up as Geniuses.

Genghis Khan

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
lol...'wow a box of leopard'...i know i'd put a black cloth infront of it if i had one of those

now, how many members do we have?...about 300k...how many live in new york (or near)?...at least a few hundred...c'mon guys it's your duty to macrumors to get behind that screen

:apple: if they unveil it before you get a look under there, you will have failed:apple:

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
lol...'wow a box of leopard'...i know i'd put a black cloth infront of it if i had one of those

now, how many members do we have?...about 300k...how many live in new york (or near)?...at least a few hundred...c'mon guys it's your duty to macrumors to get behind that screen

:apple: if they unveil it before you get a look under there, you will have failed:apple:

hey, give me some credit! I gave it my best, and I was nervous as hell... and the curtain doesn't open.

all i want is a little "thanks for you efforts"... :(

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
hey, give me some credit! I gave it my best, and I was nervous as hell... and the curtain doesn't open.

Just do a running dive at it and slide underneath it like a sealion. Not only will it be awesome to watch, but the staff will have a hell of a problem getting you out if that curtain is locked down :D

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore

You do get respect for making it farther than anyone else. I personally thank you. However....

...Like the Yankees this year, the effort just isn't quite enough at the end of the day...:D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Seriously though, I think you've raised the game. I think you're the only one to even touch the thing, nevermind giveen it a tug.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia

Thanks for the effort.

I hope someone posts here after the WWDC keynote to tell us what was actually hiding behind the curtain.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2006
look how pissed that blond looks, maybe it is an iPhone with her digits on it...

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
We need some of our younger MR members 16-17 year olds to walk in there. One grab the cloth and the other take a picture(s).

The legal stuff won't be as dramatic.

I definitely like the space suit idea though it would probably cause the entire city to shut down within minutes of people running from Apple like mad monkeys.

The key to our feature may lay in that box.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
We need some of our younger MR members 16-17 year olds to walk in there. One grab the cloth and the other take a picture(s).

The legal stuff won't be as dramatic.

I definitely like the space suit idea though it would probably cause the entire city to shut down within minutes of people running from Apple like mad monkeys.

The key to our feature may lay in that box.

I was going to go today (I'm 14, by the way), and I might still go. If not today, then tomorrow. I'll try to take a video on my dad's 5.2MP camera. Probably won't work out, but what the hell?

adamjohn98

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
I was going to go today (I'm 14, by the way), and I might still go. If not today, then tomorrow. I'll try to take a video on my dad's 5.2MP camera. Probably won't work out, but what the hell?

Good luck if you end up going, be careful if you take that camera in though! I got yelled at yesterday by an american eagle employee for taking a picture of some shoes I thought my wife would like with my camera phone.

PokezoN

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2007
-1wtmk.jpg

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/we-haven...ats-behind-the-apple-store-curtain-267556.php

krissenbee

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2007
Good luck if you end up going, be careful if you take that camera in though! I got yelled at yesterday by an american eagle employee for taking a picture of some shoes I thought my wife would like with my camera phone.

I know that when I worked retail, the managers (and our employee handbook) stated that we were not allowed to let customers take pictures in the store :( I believe a lot of stores operate this way.

edit: but obviously, there was nothing we could do once the picture was taken... soooo... be quick about it! haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.