Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
Are there any black docks available for the iPhone 4? I haven't found any so are people happy using a 3GS dock with a 4? I'm a bit worried that, because there would be no support against the back of a 4 plugged into a 3GS dock, there will be stress on the connector because it is transmitting all the torque from the phone. Is this an issue?

- Julian

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Dexim makes a cool folding dock.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
very cool looking, when you get them in please post pics, and let us know if you can remove the phone without holding down the dock.

Will do. I hate not having a dock, but I don't feel like removing the case everytime to dock it, so this might be the perfect solution.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
very cool looking, when you get them in please post pics, and let us know if you can remove the phone without holding down the dock.

I got the dock but unfortunately with the belkin grip vie case it doesn't charge. I am hoping that the incipipo feather case I ordered works with the dock.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Anyone know if the bumper works with it? If so, I'll just grab this instead of the universal dock since I like the fact that it is black and has a very cool design.

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
I got the dock but unfortunately with the belkin grip vie case it doesn't charge. I am hoping that the incipipo feather case I ordered works with the dock.

Why doesn't it fit exactly? Do you think the iphone 4 bumper will though?

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Why doesn't it fit exactly? Do you think the iphone 4 bumper will though?

Looks like the bottom of the belkin case is preventing the iphone from going down completely. I am not a fan of the bumpers so i won't be trying it out. I will let you know if the incipipo feather works when I receive it later this week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.