black dot in my MBP 13" 2012 non retina.. :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apoenq, May 29, 2015.

1. apoenq macrumors member

Hi guys, I noticed there is a black dot (quite noticeable) in my bmp 13" mid 2012. I am pretty sure it is not a dead pixel since i still can see the dot even when my macbook is turned off. I read somewhere in the web saying it maybe a foreign particle/object/dust that slipped through behind of the screen.. @@ please correct me if i am wrong.

does anyone here have experienced the same issue? how come dust/particle can manage to pass through and reside in the back of the screen? appreciate any comments on this issue. thanks!

2. Jozone macrumors 6502

Unfortunately my guess would be that it was always sealed inside the display clamshell, but something has recently loosened it (and its now visible)

3. apoenq thread starter macrumors member

Hi, thanks for your reply. hmm but can I confirm it is not dead pixel since I am still able to see the dot even when my macbook is turned off?

4. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

5. Jozone macrumors 6502

All pixels will look the same when a machine is powered off -- I sincerely doubt that it is anything besides debris/dust.

6. apoenq thread starter macrumors member

i have tried to clean the screen many times but the dot is still there so I assume it is inside/behind the screen. is it possible for dust/debris to slip through the screen? Any idea how to solve this issue? Thanks for ur reply.

----------

May u kindly explain what is exploded pixel?