Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hoopdy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Are the feet replaceable?

Is there a way to stop them from having flat spots? I noticed that sometimes the Macbook slides very easy and when you put it down it slides til flat. It's not even 2 days old and I'm noticing flattening of these plastic feet.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Are you sliding it across concrete??

I've had mine since the 2nd day it came out, and they look just like new.

I do imagine they'd be replaceable, assuming you can find somebody who would sell them. They're probably just held on with a thin layer of adhesive or double sided tape of sorts.

Hoopdy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Are you sliding it across concrete??

I've had mine since the 2nd day it came out, and they look just like new.

I do imagine they'd be replaceable, assuming you can find somebody who would sell them. They're probably just held on with a thin layer of adhesive or double sided tape of sorts.

No, I'm using it on my desk. It's not a rough pattern on them, just a flat spot. Just wondering if it preventable. I bet you yours has a flat spot on each too if you look at it.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
No, I'm using it on my desk. It's not a rough pattern on them, just a flat spot. Just wondering if it preventable. I bet you yours has a flat spot on each too if you look at it.

Honestly, I can't even tell if there is. I always have it on my glass coffee table, so maybe that's why I'm not seeing it.

Hoopdy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Yea I guess I'll just put something down on my desk to stop it from touching. I guess you could say my desk is kind of textured(it's an ikea desk). I notice the same thing with my 360 controllers. If I slide them around on my desk after time theyll start to develop flat spots where the controller makes contact.

It's all good, though. I love my Macbook!

wetrix

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
It sounds like you have sandpaper for a desk. Can you file your nails on your desk surface?

I've got a glass desk, which is quite nice to rubbers and plastics.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Mine does that a little, but they're rubber feet on the bottom of your mac. They're going to show some wear. Either they show wear or your bottom case does.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Have you guys tried cleaning your 'feet'?
Mine looked as if they had the "flat spot" as well but I just wiped them down and they look brand new again. It just seems to be a flat spot of dust/dirt on them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.