Black frame not well glued to iMac 27" late 2012

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tabochan, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Tabochan macrumors newbie

Hi, I recently bought an 27" IMac late 2012; everything is ok but when I looked to the right corner, the black frame was a little out from the aluminum; then I researched about how was the fabrication of the new imac and I realized that black part was glued to the alumunum part; so it seems that the black frame is releasing slowly from the aluminum base! Somebody with the same issue?

(sorry for my english)

2. All Taken macrumors 6502a

I have upgraded a couple of 2012 iMacs and they are held together with foam tape that simply sticks to the aluminium and the display assembly. The 'black frame' you describe is actually a whole sheet of glass that is laminated to the display. The way in which Apple seal the machines leaves a small gap between tape placement at the top and side of the aluminium back shell. This small gap can have the tendency to leave a small 2mm gap on the corners. It's nothing to be concerned about from a safety stand point (Your screen is securely adhered) from a cosmetic standpoint - if it bothers you enough have Apple apply new tape.