Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In the U.S., the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday", which is historically one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

As previously reported, Apple is offering a one-day shopping event today (Friday, November 25th).

While specifics have not been announced, Apple sent out this link to customers promoting the sale through their online store. Come back to the Apple Store on the day after Thanksgiving for a special one-day-only holiday shopping event. Youll find dozens of great gift ideas for everyone on your list, and youll get free shipping on all items.
Meanwhile, many other retailers are providing discounts and sales starting the early morning hours.

Article Link: Black Friday 2005 - Apple (and others) After Thanksgiving Sale

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
repeated the story, so people have a new consolidated thread to post what's available at various Apple stores today.

arn

davefan6435

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2004
Madison, WI
wow, its only begun and im already scared. I went to compusa at like 12:15 and they opened at 12. It was mass chaos and I ended up leaving because they were already sold out of the speakers I wanted. Now I get to repeat all this again when I get up to go at 5, thats when it gets real crazy.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
EricNau said:
I guess Turkey really does make people sleepy, it's very quiet on MacRumors tonight.

They're either all in line at various retail stores, or are retail employees like myself hiding in a corner and praying for a natural disaster to take out their place of employment :D

jinzo012

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2005
What time zone do they go by?
It's 1:38 in Houston, Tex-Ass (and 5- O' Clock Somewhere :) )

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
jinzo012 said:
What time zone do they go by?
It's 1:38 in Houston, Tex-Ass (and 5- O' Clock Somewhere :) )

Apple is located in California, which is Pacific Standard Time. So we are assuming the online sale will start at 12:00 PST.

EDIT: MacTruck, you beat me to it. :mad:

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
The Apple store might be down for a few minutes while they are updating it - I hadn't thought of that before.

I hate & love that "We will be back soon" post-it.

5 minutes!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Is there a way to tell a page to auto-refresh? My fingers are getting tired. :p

LESS THAN ONE MINUTE!
I am starting to think nothing is going to happen!

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2005
Does anyone here know about the possibility of combining the student discount and this Thanksgiving discount -- or perhaps which will be more.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
greenguy4 said:
Does anyone here know about the possibility of combining the student discount and this Thanksgiving discount -- or perhaps which will be more.

I suspect you will not be able to combine offers. I am thinking overall the edu discount will be better - but on some select products it may not. I really don't know what to expect.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
EricNau said:
I suspect you will not be able to combine offers. I am thinking overall the edu discount will be better - but on some select products it may not. I really don't know what to expect.

Me thinks thats lame. So students and govt get no discounts? That sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.