Black Friday 2018: Get the $100 App Store and iTunes Gift Card for $80 Today Only

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 23, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

App Store and iTunes gift cards are perfect stocking stuffers and super simple for last-minute gift giving, so if you're on the hunt for a few of the gift cards this Black Friday we've rounded up the best sales in this article.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Amazon and Costco offer the biggest discount on iTunes gift cards this Black Friday, providing rare 20 percent discounts on the cards today only. Like many of the sales in the list below, Amazon and Costco will send the iTunes gift card to you in an e-mail within a few hours of purchase. These 20 percent discounts on iTunes gift cards are rare, so if you're interested check out the sales -- and all of the others -- in the list below:
    [*]Amazon - Get the $100 iTunes gift card for $80 (with code ITUNES20)
    [*]Costco - Get the $100 iTunes gift card for $79.49
    [*]Costco - Get the $25 iTunes gift card for $21.49
    [*]PayPal via eBay - Get the $100 iTunes gift card for $85
    [*]Target - Buy one get one 30 percent off
    [*]Best Buy - Get the $50 iTunes gift card for $40
    [*]Staples - Save 10 percent on select iTunes gift cards
    [*]Meijer - Get the $25 iTunes gift card for $21.25 If you decide to go with Target's offer, opting for the higher $100 iTunes gift card will net you the biggest savings. As an example, BOGO 30 percent off deals (when purchasing two cards of the same amount) will break down like this:

- Buying two $15 iTunes Gift Cards = $25.50
    - Buying two $25 iTunes Gift Card = $42.50
    - Buying two $50 iTunes Gift Card = $85
    - Buying two $100 iTunes Gift Card = $170

For more details on the latest Black Friday shopping updates, be sure to visit our full Black Friday Roundup.

Article Link: Black Friday 2018: Get the $100 App Store and iTunes Gift Card for $80 Today Only

2. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Just ordered one from Amazon for $80 bucks. Plus I get another 5 percent off with my card. I’m beginning to like purchasing Apple products on Amazon. lol

3. mike9449 macrumors newbie

mike9449

Two $100 cards at Costco would be $158.98, seems better than Target's $170 to me.

4. PlayUltimate macrumors regular

PlayUltimate

Agreed. Spending $100, Costco and Amazon are 20% off. Target's is nominally 15% off.

5. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

I actually need two 100 dollar amazon gc. I wonder if those are on sale?

6. az431 macrumors 6502a

az431

How do they make money selling iTunes gift cards for 20% off? Surely Apple isn’t discounting them that much (if at all).

7. ipponrg macrumors 65816

Remember that Apple takes 30% of income from app transactions. They still make money but with smaller margins

8. Sunday Ironfoot macrumors regular

9. synergize macrumors regular

Question: Could a person by $1000 worth of cards for $800 and then use the card to purchase a $999 iPad Pro, the savings would be $199 or 20% off, is this possible? And you would have $1.00 left over to buy and App for the Pro?

10. vroosh macrumors newbie

11. Carnegie macrumors 6502a

These cards are for iTunes and the App Store, not for the online Apple Store which sells hardware. So, no, you can't use these cards for something like an iPad Pro.

12. vroosh macrumors newbie

Unfortunately no. From Apple https://www.apple.com/shop/help/gifting

iTunes Gift Cards
    iTunes Gift Cards can be redeemed for songs, albums, audiobooks, videos, and games on the iTunes Store. They cannot be used to buy Apple products. To purchase items outside of the iTunes Store, visit the Apple Store Gift Cardssection of online Help.”

13. synergize macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply, I had a hunch it was too good to be true.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 23, 2018 ---
    Thanks for the reply, Apple has this all covered to their advantage, darn it!

14. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Got mine from Amazon about 20 minutes ago. Still waiting on the code.

15. zorinlynx macrumors 603

zorinlynx

Keep in mind these can be used to pay for subscriptions like Netflix, iCloud Storage, and so on. So if you have a few subscriptions and thus will eventually spend the money, these discounted cards are like cash back in your pocket.

16. Wolffie macrumors regular

Wolffie

I am amazed with everything I watch for this deal, not one site has mentioned Dollar General 20% off $25 and $50 iTunes Gift Cards. Last year it was Thanksgiving only. This year it is Thanksgiving and the weekend!

17. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

All my orders were cancelled since I live outside of the US. Sigh.

18. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

Update: I finally got my US$100 iTunes gift card for $80 at Amazon successfully. Amazon is the only place which doesn't require a US billing address that's matching the credit card at checkout. Amazon is amazing.

19. Jayne Doe macrumors member

I used mine to pay for Apple Music subscription. Thanks Sam's!