Black Friday Apple Watch deals?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mlody, Nov 24, 2016.

1. mlody macrumors 6502a

Are they any good deals on Apple Watches? I am in particular looking for Series 1 white 38mm watch for my wife as a Christmas gift.

2. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

There are a lot of deals on the Series 1 Watches at most of the big box retailers. (Target, Best Buy, Kohls, Macys, etc)

3. Nick11Mac macrumors 6502

Nick11Mac

Kohl's is offering $75. "Kohl's Cash" with a Series 1. The ad in today's paper shows a 38mm Series 1 in Rose Gold for $269.

4. kawalerzysta macrumors member

kawalerzysta

Target offers Series 1 42mm for $228 and Series 1 38mm for $198.

5. ms.annette macrumors regular

ms.annette

I just got a series 1 for $198 on Target. Should be here Monday.

6. mlody thread starter macrumors 6502a

I also got it. My order says it should arrive on Dec 1st (regular shipping).

7. ms.annette macrumors regular

ms.annette

Paid extra for faster shipping. lol

8. hawon macrumors member

Bought both my wife's and mine from BB last week and today I submitted my CC company to match it :)

9. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Got mine there tonight. The store had plenty of each size in stock, so no need to compromise.

10. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I just got a Series 1 from Best Buy. With an unused store credit that I had, I was able to cover the $20 difference in price between them and Target. (Target sold out quick)

11. ms.annette macrumors regular

ms.annette

So I ended up walking into target tonight and buying the series 1 I wanted. I thought it would be crazy but it wasn't. I guess I'll return my online order when it gets here.

12. lyutin macrumors regular

I just ordered a first generation Apple Watch stainless steel product RED 42mm for 269 from B&H, brand new. So I'm very happy. Even with gen 1, that's an awesome deal. Comes with original 1 year warranty also. They got a lot of combinations available still, many for a bargain.

13. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

I am considering picking up this model too! I have a first gen sport, but I am really liking the stainless steel. I don't see much of a need for me to upgrade to a series 2, so this deal might be perfect.

14. Kendo macrumors 68000

Don't be fooled by the good Series 0 deals. Most Apple products run slow after 2 iOS upgrades. The Series 0 might be good now on watchOS 3 but I bet it will be sluggish by watchOS 4.

15. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Really tempted to pick this up, especially since I live in NJ and would pay no tax.... But I'm such a sucker for the latest and greatest I know I would get buyers remorse later with the series 2 out.... ugh what to do

16. lyutin macrumors regular

I played with series 2 but for me gen 1 is fine. It's a Watch not phone or iPad, notifications are flawless and the fact that it used to cost 599 just few months ago makes it that much better of a deal! Not bothered by waterproofness of series 1 and 2 cause I'm not much into sports even less into swimming...plus stainless looks so much better than aluminum.

17. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

You're absolutely right! I pulled the trigger. I'll use this one until the series 3 comes out hopefully with a redesign and more compelling features. Stainless steel does look really great so that sold me too

18. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

Got the Series 1 Gold/Concrete 42MM from Target with their sale. Does anyone have any good sites or recommendations for Bands? Apple's are insanely expensive and Amazon seems to have just a bunch of junk ones. Ideally I'd like a brown leather band to match my iPhone case, but I'm also open to a good Nylon one as well, as it fits my style.

19. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Clockwork synergy bands are the nicest leather ones I have found, and the adapters match well with the gold aluminum if you order the brushed gold. I also like the black adapters with black leather.

20. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Target sold out the Series 1 Black Friday sale in five minutes after opening. Fortunately, I already owned one. Glad I was not standing in line for hours for a five minute sell out.

21. SHKLMRE macrumors 6502

All of the targets in my area had ample supply! I walked into my store at 5pm on Friday and snagged one.

I upgraded from a first gen, unfortunately i don't think the series 1 is a drastic upgrade from the first gen. The only app that I regularly use that is faster is the breathe app. As for notifications and messages, I don't see a big improvement. I'm unsure if I'm going to keep my series 1 now.

22. tromboneaholic macrumors 65816

tromboneaholic

Makes sure it's upgraded to 3.1. You may find the improved battery life is enough of a reason to keep it.

23. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I saw several Series 1 and Nike S2s at Dick's Sporting Good late yesterday afternoon. All of the Nikes were Silver with the Gray & Volt bands, so they must be the least popular color.

24. kawalerzysta macrumors member

kawalerzysta

Same here. They had 2 full drawers full of watches at 5pm Friday.

25. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

Well, I just jumped on the Apple Watch bandwagon finally. I just ordered a Rose Gold Series 1 for my wife and I was split between 38mm and 42mm for myself so I ordered both and will return the one that I don't like.

I had been split between the Apple Watch and a HR activity tracker, I would love GPS, but at $200 I don't mind the trade off especially when the series 2 is nearly double this price.

Now I just need to decide if I need to get the 2 year AppleCare +. Has it been worthwhile for anyone out there?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 27, 2016 ---
    Wow! Ok, I ordered on Macy's as they were doing the 38mm watches for $200 each and a 42mm instore pick up at target but I just noticed the shipping date is in January for the Macy's watches! That is no good for a xmas present!!!

Cancelled that order and jumped over to target to get the rose gold watch for my wife for $200 but at the checkout it added an extra 15% off. When I realized (at the end of the check out) I tried to order another 42mm for myself hoping to get the extra 15% off but now the prices have jumped up to $300 with 15% off, so $270. It seems they applied the 15% off first and then adjusted the prices at the end of the Black Friday sale. So at least I got her watch for $168 whilst mine was $229, so about $400 for them both!