Black Friday Best Buy gift card

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
If anyone got an iPhone from B.B. on Black Friday last year, can you tell me how the gift card worked? Was it a mail in rebate after the return policy? Wondering if I would have for Christmas?

Holding off until Black Friday to get my wife and I each an 8+.

Hoping for the $250 gift card deal like last year.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Still hoping someone might be able to answer this? Guessing they don’t give you a gift card on the spot.

Dominican

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2013
  • Any iPhone 7 Device — Get up to a $250 Best Buy Gift Card with installment billing agreement with Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
You are probably right. I’m likely the only one buying an iPhone on Black Friday.

Calling is a great idea, maybe I can get them to leak all their Best Buy deals, considering they are not public yet.
Calling is good because they should be able to tell you if last year's card was on the spot or otherwise. Pretty obvious, no?

Or just sit here, wait and hope someone answers your question.

I know what I would do...

zazaza

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
Calling is good because they should be able to tell you if last year's card was on the spot or otherwise. Pretty obvious, no?

Or just sit here, wait and hope someone answers your question.

I know what I would do...
Are gift card deals through BB, target, etc offered on plans like ATT next, or only if you buy the phone outright?

I just paid off my 6s+ through att next and would like an 8+ through the same program
I'd wait if there were promotions, otherwise i'd just get it now

any insight is appreciated!

TheBing1980

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2013
Michigan
Are gift card deals through BB, target, etc offered on plans like ATT next, or only if you buy the phone outright?

I just paid off my 6s+ through att next and would like an 8+ through the same program
I'd wait if there were promotions, otherwise i'd just get it now

any insight is appreciated!
I bought iPad's the last two years on Black Friday at Target.

On both occasions the gift cards were instant. During the transaction the clerk handed me a gift card that was ready to go.

Hope that helps!

Droidbricker

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016
I honestly wouldn’t wait for a deal for this phone. I imagine it will be sold out for at least 2 months, and there is no incentive for retailers to offer “deals” on the X because demand will be so strong and supply limited. Also, most of the deals nowadays are tied to bill credits which basically is a contract.

zazaza

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
I honestly wouldn’t wait for a deal for this phone. I imagine it will be sold out for at least 2 months, and there is no incentive for retailers to offer “deals” on the X because demand will be so strong and supply limited. Also, most of the deals nowadays are tied to bill credits which basically is a contract.
what about a deal on a 256 8+?

I know its speculative, but i'm reading about apple lowering orders for the device due to slow sales, feel like that might mean deals if they're trying to move inventory.

Raist3001

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2012
Right behind you
Good advice, except the OP wasn't talking about the X but rather the 8+.

emoore

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
OP wasn't talking about the X, they were talking about the 8+. I would guess the gift card would be instant. And I believe you have to go with ATT next to get the deal like last year.

Droidbricker

Suspended
Sep 13, 2016
Good advice, except the OP wasn't talking about the X but rather the 8+.
Derp. Wait for the fire sale in that case. Target & Best Buy have always given me the gift cards on the spot. That is because if I return the merchandise and use part of the gift card they won’t have to refund the gift card portion.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Derp. Wait for the fire sale in that case. Target & Best Buy have always given me the gift cards on the spot. That is because if I return the merchandise and use part of the gift card they won’t have to refund the gift card portion.
Thank you. Would love to get all my Christmas shopping done with Jose gift cards. So I appreciate you answering.