iPad Black Friday/Cyber Monday iPad 4 sales?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Broadus, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Broadus macrumors 6502a

How likely is it that there will be any Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday sales on the iPad 4 with its just now being released?

2. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

3. LanEvo macrumors 6502

I think people should already know the answer...

Was there one last yr? The yr before?

4. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

If anything, it will be like "Buy an iPad today and get a $50 Target/Best Buy/etc gift card". There won't be a reduced sale price though.

5. ercsliberty macrumors 6502

probably not going to happen. they sell enough of tham without lowering the prices

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple is known for holding out for maximum profits. It's made it hard on 3rd party authorized dealers, but it is what it is. Apple being Apple.

7. Jkeeley1 macrumors newbie

You could probably get some deals on non-apple accessories. I know ipad cases are 20% off at toys r us now through 11/21 (excludes smart covers/cases however) for example.

8. Broadus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple marked down iPad 2's $41-$61 last year, depending upon storage, and $41 the year before on the original iPad. The difference then, of course, was that those iPads had been released during the spring and refurbished models (it was that way with the iPad 2, at least) were already discounted $50.

Apple didn't mark down the iPhone 4S, which had been released in late October, similar to the timing this year of the 4th gen. iPad.

I would hold off getting an iPad for three weeks to save $50 (I don't have a tablet, so what's three weeks? :)), but I have trouble seeing Apple discounting the just-released iPad. I guess that would pour salt into many iPad 3 owners open wounds!

But I agree about discounted accessories and maybe the gift cards with buying an iPad. Perhaps there will be some leaks soon.

9. Claefer macrumors regular

Claefer

Why wouldn't Apple participate in Black Friday? I think they know that people know that Black Friday is just a couple of weeks away and that many are waiting until then.

Or am I just a wishful thinker?

10. Broadus thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not saying that Apple won't participate in Black Friday. I just have trouble believing that the iPad 4 (or mini, for that matter) will be included in any Black Friday discounts because they are only now being released. I would like to be wrong.

11. silverf1re macrumors regular

I'm hoping to pick up discounted iTunes cards. Seems BB puts them on sale often enough to buy 50 or 100 bucks worth and be set till next time :)