Black friday/cyber monday?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rjkgr, Dec 2, 2013.

1. rjkgr, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

rjkgr macrumors regular

what did you get on black friday or cyber monday?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-32-Class-LED-720p-60Hz-HDTV-3.7-ultra-slim-UN32EH4003/21081426
    I got this tv, which I thought was a steal! Now I'm just waiting for the Xbox One to come.

http://www.target.com/p/keurig-k10-...36345?ddPage=dailydeals&lnk=sidekickContainer
    I just got this Keurig for my parents, because they been wanting one, but it was always expensive and you can't beat $89.99 with 20 dollar gift card!

http://junopower.com/products/external-battery-for-iphone-android-external-battery
    I bought this because I am always on the go, and my iPhone was always out of battery and it gives it up to 4 good charges.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse...?&cm_mmc=Affiliates-_-CJ-_-1122587-_-11272891
    Also got them some starbucks kcups to go with the Keurig!

Im here to buy and i love this time a year.... SALES :):):):)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why not just post in the purchase thread?
    Congrats on your super awesome black friday deals.

3. rjkgr thread starter macrumors regular

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

That battery charger for the iphone is a good deal! I wonder if it's any good?

5. rjkgr thread starter macrumors regular

I've used their other products before and they've worked out pretty well.. their stuff is made out of full aluminum unlike all the other plastic ones i've tried so it gives out a nice feel. for the price... i'm not gonna complain. feels very "apple-like"

6. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I might get it, has a good price & comes in handy. Was considering buying a mophie battery case a while back but this looks much better. Thanks for sharing!

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I picked up an iPad Air at Target on Black Friday, got the iPhone 5S from Wal-Mart on Saturday with their Black Friday special pricing, and bought some toys today on Amazon for the kiddos Christmas. The deals were pretty good this year. I've never really been a Black Friday shopper and this was my first year going to Target on Thanksgiving night to get the iPad. I must say it was truly crazy. People were everywhere, the lines were long, and some folks were losing their minds with yelling, complaints, attitude, etc.. I felt really bad for the Target employees who were just trying to keep a smile on their face while people were being extremely selfish and rude.

8. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Bought nothing. Was looking for a SSD but none of the deals really jumped out at me.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I bought a few books for my Kindle on Cyber Monday. Did some shopping Thanksgiving night with my family.

10. rjkgr thread starter macrumors regular

haha nice! how much was the apple air? and i know people were rude i got most of my stuff yesterday

11. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Target discounted them $20 to $479 starting price and then gave a $100 Target gift card with purchase. So, in total after discounts the price was $379 for a 16gb iPad Air. My family offered to pitch in on it for Christmas so basically it's a gift for my wife and I. We would have picked up the new retina mini if they had been available, but Target didn't have any stock online or in the store. They were offering a $75 gift card with purchase of the retina mini.

12. rjkgr thread starter macrumors regular

:eek::eek: nice i believe that is a steal!

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I was largely disappointed with cyber monday. The stuff I was looking to buy (kids toys) were not marked down at all. I'm not talking about expensive electronic stuff, but basic toys like Barbie and spiralgraphs. While not expensive, these types of toys can add up quickly, so any savings would have been appreciated. :(

14. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

My wife and I have been finding great prices at Amazon, but we are Prime members so that could have something to do with it. Anyway, what we're finding is cheaper than even the Christmas prices at local places like Toys R Us, Target, Wal Mart, etc..

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not me :(

Spirograph Deluxe Design Set
    Amazon 51.00 (link)
    ToysRUs 24.99 (Link) This is a store pick up only, no shipping :(
    QVC (yes QVC). 21.00 (Link)

I understand in Amazon's case its not a direct sale, but still, when I type in amazon.com Spirorgraph, I see the toy going for 50 bucks but I can find it in the 20s elsewhere.

Other toys have less of a dramatic price difference and sometimes amazon is cheaper, some times it not. I failed to see any big deals though

16. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Bummer friend! I hope you can find everything you want before Christmas even if it's not at the price you would like.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'll manage, I already ordered some things and I may try more online shopping over the next few nights :)