Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Currently in Amazon.com it's $1479. Can I expect to get the price back to $1399 anytime soon this month?

B&H still has the $1399 deal. But I'd love to have it from Amazon since I have gift card balance there.

Thank you.

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Retailers set their prices for a multitude of reasons, and it's safe to say we will never know what the price will be and when. Maybe it will go lower before Christmas to move a few more as last minute gift purchases? Who knows. $1399 is a great price considering how new the hardware is.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If BH is offering the MBP at that price, I'd say jump on it. I don't see Amazon lowering the price at the moment.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
I was hoping to purchase this from USA and have it shipped in India. That idea has become very faint now.

In India there are no Apple Stores; only re-sellers. My govt charges 30% customs import duty. The re-sellers here are selling the $1399 MBP at 130K INR (approx. $1900).

I already googled a lot myself. But if you guys have any tips/suggestions on how to avoid customs duty in a scenario like this, I'd very much appreciate it.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I was hoping to purchase this from USA and have it shipped in India. That idea has become very faint now.
I believe Apple prevents you from doing that. You need a US address and use a US credit card to buy from the US store.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Purchasing is not an issue. I got friends in US who can ship it to me.

I'm being ****ed in the customs during import. If I falsify the invoice to show a lesser price on the packaging. And if they find out what's inside is more expensive, I'm screwed; even extra penalty charges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.