Black Friday Deal on ATV4

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Adrlan, Nov 9, 2015.

?

Will you be picking one up on Black Friday?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Adrlan macrumors newbie

Target released their Black Friday ad today and they will have 25% off all Apple TV, which should include the new ATV 4. This would bring the 32GB down to $112.49 and the 64GB at $149.99 plus an extra 5% if you have a red card. Do you guys think it's worth picking one up at these prices given all the negative things said on the forum about the new device?

Attached Files:

2. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

I'd make sure they stock the ATV4 before ordering. The image in the ad is an ATV3.

3. Adrlan thread starter macrumors newbie

They have a Black Friday promotion specifically for the ATV3 going online today only for the same 25% and in that ad it states specifically "Apple TV shown" but on their BF ad it states "All ATV" so I'm sure they are aware of the new ATV. Interesting to see if they'll have enough in stock though.

4. Mac... nificent macrumors 6502

Good point, but the ad does say "ALL Apple TV (key word "all") and not just "Apple TV" ;)

5. Apple.Fanatic macrumors member

Apple.Fanatic

Highly doubt this will apply toward ATV4. Most likely they won't sell new Apple TV till after Black Friday to get around the All Apple TV wording.

6. geoffm33 macrumors 6502

geoffm33

If they don't sell the ATV4, then "all" means ATV3. :)

Likely they will and it'll be fine.

7. Adrlan thread starter macrumors newbie

They have some in stock at my local target so I'm sure it will apply

8. StevenWalker macrumors regular

9. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

I think it's at least possible. Heck, my neighbor already got an open box one for only $119 @ BB this weekend here in Boise.

The ATV is not an iPhone release - About 99% of the world cares nothing about this product, especially given the price point, which is why the supply isn't even remotely constrained despite it having just been released.

Retailers like to move product on BF - No reason to think this won't be in the mix at some places

10. StevenWalker macrumors regular

So true, but therefore the other 1% or 70,000,000 people who do will ensure demand stays crazy high for this product.

By your own admission, having 70 Million people wanting this ATV4 from all around the world will ensure stores have no need to apply savage price discounts to the ATV4 to move them.

Good call, I didnt look at it that way until you highlighted it.... 70 Million worldwide customers for a product... insane demand!!

11. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Oh my goodness...

99% was just a number thrown out. The point is just that these products simply don't sell in anywhere near the quantity of things like smartphones.

Not a single place I've been to that sells the ATV4 has been even remotely supply constrained.

12. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83