Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It's almost Black Friday, and tons of deals kicked off today ahead of the biggest shopping week of the year. This includes steep markdowns on Apple's AirPods 2 and AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C.

airpods-2-gingerbread-ornaments.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

You can get the AirPods 2 for $79.99 at Amazon, down from $129.00. These were about $10 cheaper earlier in the month, but that sale hasn't returned and at $79.99, this is still a solid second-best price on the cheapest AirPods model.

Secondly, Amazon has the AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C for $189.99, down from $249.00. This is the first time the new AirPods Pro model have returned to their all-time low price in a few weeks.

You can find all the Apple Black Friday Deals currently available in our dedicated post. For everything else, we're keeping track of all of the season's best Apple-related deals in our Black Friday roundup, so be sure to check back throughout the month for an updated list of all the most notable discounts you'll find for Black Friday 2023.

Article Link: Black Friday Deals Arrive for AirPods 2 ($79.99) and AirPods Pro 2 With USB-C ($189.99)

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I’m a huge fan of the conversation awareness in the AirPods Pro. In my daily activity flow it just works for me.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
AirPods 2

$79.99 - $10 promo code = $69.99 at Walmart

wow.png

Meanwhile, Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Gen) with Lightning will be $169.99 on Nov 22 at Walmart while the AirPods Pro (2nd Gen) with USB-C are $189.99 right now.

Reactions: japanime

YankeeSR23

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
New Jersey
I prefer the design of AirPods 2 and I’ll miss when they are no longer available from Apple. Thanks for that promo code, I’ll have to get a set while they are available.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Anyone who is tempted by these Amazon prices should consider the possibility you'll be sent counterfeits, then have to go through the hassle of returning them. A better way to get a great deal is to buy them in person at Wal-Mart or Target, where you'll still get a fantastic deal and you'll be getting authentic Apple merchandise.

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Anyone who is tempted by these Amazon prices should consider the possibility you'll be sent counterfeits, then have to go through the hassle of returning them. A better way to get a great deal is to buy them in person at Wal-Mart or Target, where you'll still get a fantastic deal and you'll be getting authentic Apple merchandise.
Why would Walmart and target have a better shot at having authentic AirPods vs Amazon?

Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
If it says sold and shipped from Amazon, there's virtually no risk of counterfeits. When it comes to third party sellers, I agree. But sold and shipped by Amazon means Apple sends them to Amazon and Amazon sells it to the customer.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Why would Walmart and target have a better shot at having authentic AirPods vs Amazon?
If anything, there's a bigger risk of counterfeits at Walmart and Target because return fraud with Apple products is very common. And lots of times, those fraudulent returns are sold again because they look like brand new sealed Apple products.

jdogg836

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Oklahoma
If it says sold and shipped from Amazon, there's virtually no risk of counterfeits. When it comes to third party sellers, I agree. But sold and shipped by Amazon means Apple sends them to Amazon and Amazon sells it to the customer.

Amazon's Commingled inventory means that sold by Billy's Electronics and Shipped by Amazon products sit right next to Shipped and Sold by Amazon products. At one point 3rd parties could sell Apple goods on Amazon, allowing this to be a possible issue. Some people missed the change from 2018, but prior to that this was actually a big deal. It still is for any other brands where this is still allowed.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Amazon's Commingled inventory means that sold by Billy's Electronics and Shipped by Amazon products sit right next to Shipped and Sold by Amazon products. At one point 3rd parties could sell Apple goods on Amazon, allowing this to be a possible issue. Some people missed the change from 2018, but prior to that this was actually a big deal. It still is for any other brands where this is still allowed.
Well, I'm looking at the AirPods 2nd gen on Amazon now, and the only prime seller selling them in new condition is sold and shipped by Amazon. So that means the only AirPods in that Amazon fulfillment center are directly from Apple. Fair point saying third party sellers can store their inventory in Amazon fulfillment centers, but if sold and shipped by Amazon is the only available option, the risk is virtually zero. And it's rare for Apple products to be sold by third parties and shipped by Amazon, albeit possible.

I checked other AirPods versions and the only other prime sellers are Adorama and Datavision, which are very reputable.

Last edited:

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I've purchased the following "Sold and Shipped by Amazon" products that turned out to be counterfeit (and for which Amazon promptly issued a refund):

Apple iPhone leather case
Apple iPad leather case
Microsoft Office for Mac
First-generation Apple AirPods

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
just got the lighting cable AirPods Pro 2 for $150 at Costco. They are on clearance there. Sucks since the ones they showed at the store are USB C. O well still great

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.