Black Friday deals for the S3?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by maflynn, Oct 14, 2017.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So what are the odds of seeing any sort of deals for the apple watch for black friday. Being a little over a month away, it may make sense to hold off on my buying one.

I've yet to pull the trigger, and yet, I'm finding, with watchOS4, my S0 feels much slower then prior to the update. Starting my fitness apps is more noticeably slower then prior to the upgrade. Various interactions feel slower as well.

2. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Worth waiting until then, but with it being such a new model I’m not optimistic for any deals on the S3.

3. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I’d expect deals on the S2 or S1, not so much on the S3...but these days retailers will do anything to get you in their doors so you never know.

Have you thought about trading your S0 in at Best Buy for credit towards the S3? That’s what I did.

4. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I didn't know you could do that, maybe I'll take a trip there and take a looksie :)

5. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Just make sure you have the original band with it if you decide to go that route!

6. ericg301 macrumors 65816

Wait what? How much did you get for it? Is it listed online anywhere?

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I received $85 for mine. If you go to their app/website there’s a section called trade in center and you can pick your device/condition and it will give you an estimate. Opt in and it will save the quote for like 2-3 days and they pull it up when you go in store.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Given the constraints and shipping times are still 2 to 3 weeks out, I don't know that we will see a lot of sale prices on the S3, perhaps the aluminum model if anything. But I do expect online retailers and other in store retailers to liquidate the Series 2 Heavily as well.