Black Friday Deals

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pellets007, Nov 23, 2011.

1. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Didn't see another thread for this, but if there is one please lock this. Thanks!

Post your Black Friday deals you plan on snagging this year! Any plans for hitting up the stores?

I found an Xbox 360 4GB for $99 at my local Post Exchange. :)

2. leftywamumonkey, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I hope I can get the $199 Sharp 42" 1080p TV at a certain store. I'm still thinking about what time I should line up. :)

3. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

where at!?

4. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

Since you're from SD, at Best Buy!
    Oh and I made a mistake, its actually a Sharp and not a Phillips. Woops.

5. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Do online stores get such great deals? Im planning on upgrading my MacMini hard drive to ssd, buying an ipad 2, buy an external HDD and maybe get some PC games

6. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

It's the one I've been thinking about too.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I think about 90% of black friday deals will be available online. Usually all the good doorbuster deals will be in-store only.

I've been getting a ton of emails from Newegg and they seem to be having a lot of deals for computer deals so you might wanna check them out.

8. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I just looked at my local Best Buy minutes ago and it looks like I have no chance. There are already many tents setup. :(

Second option, Target!

9. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

So people camp out for two days to save what maybe $150?

Is there time worth nothing at all?

10. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

my GF works for corporate target. they have a 42" lcd westinghouse. 399$

not really a deal if you ask me.

11. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I waited outside in the freezing cold for a $199 laptop when I was a teenager. It was a horrible experience. My sister and I froze our butts off, people kept trying to cut, when the doors opened someone shoved us into a rack of DVDs, the check out systems went down, people started swearing and being crazy. Never. Again.

My time, comfort, and sanity is definitely worth more than whatever savings are being offered on Black Friday. With time, patience, and deal sites, you can get good deals year round without dealing with the BS. Not worth it in my opinion. I'll be at home watching football in my jammies.

Good luck to MR folks braving the ninth circles of hell tomorrow night.

12. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

So very true. I drove into work at 3PM and I saw tents already set up in front of the Best Buy I passed. Seriously? I'm sure on my way home tonight (1:30ish) there will be tons more. It happens every year and I've never understood it.

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Black Friday is a ****ing joke. I plan on sleeping late like I do every black Friday.

If I ever do any black Friday shopping, it's online, where the deals are just as good, if not better, any time of the year. And I refuse to patronize stores that are now forcing their employees to work Thanksgiving and miss dinner with their family so they can open even earlier than usual. I'm not going to be part of the statistic when a CEO of a retail chain says of "A bajillion people shopped at our store on Black Friday, we should open on Thanksgiving next year!"

14. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

newegg doesnt take my credit card, I live in Brasil, but Amazon does. so I have to be up thursday to get the online deals at midnight?

15. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

16. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I would like to know as well..

Question? If I am looking for a decent brand tv at a good price, not a **** brand like you find on BF... When is the best time to buy a tv now or superbowl?

17. Papanate macrumors regular

Typically a couple of days after the New Year is the best TV buying day.

18. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Thanks maybe I will wait..

The one i was considering was a 40 inch 1080p samsung for $428

not too shabby, think I can beat that on new years..

19. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

I picked up a 40" RCA today from WalMart. $369. It's no $199 special, but I'm not camping out for 36 hours in front of Best Buy. My sanity is worth much more than $170.

20. Papanate macrumors regular

If you have a CostCo near you they are selling the Samsung 40" 120hz, led backlit LCD for $450 right now.

$428 for the 60hz LCD is not bad...it's likely you will see better pricing post Christmas.

21. sl33t macrumors regular

don't really have any money right now so i just plan on pickin' up a better SD card for my camera :)

22. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Well, to be honest, I usually go with my mother&father-in-law but this year I'm not sure. I usually go to shop with the MIL to see what she likes and buy it when she isn't looking.

This year, I want to get a jacket that will be 65% off. Its gorgeous.

Anyway, I like the whole rush of people being up at a ridiculously early time. I know I'm weird but its fun.

Also, I'm from a relatively small town/city and no one has been seriously hurt on black friday. Its tough to move your carts around but thats about it.

23. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Some stores have been selling name brand HDTVs for less than they will on black Friday.

From what I have seen over the last few years, many of the HDTVs will be cheaper between cyber Monday and the first week in January. 2 years ago the BB 46" Samsung BF deal was $100 cheaper 3 weeks later. my brother took his receipt back to the store and got $100 back to his credit card.

24. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

25. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I'm going to Staples (it's a few blocks walking distance) for a few blank dvdrs/cdrs/flash drives/etc and will go to Half Price Bookstore. Might check out some other places for dvds. Other than that I'm not doing any of the waiting in line for midnight openings. Might checkout some online sites.

I know I am not going to score any cheap door buster items and most of the stuff isn't quite to my liking. Either a cheap pc laptop skips on a few features (screen resolution, ports, graphics, etc) or the cheaper the TV the cheaper the screen quality. I still might look at a cheap pc laptop online. But, good god there's too many and in such different configurations to choose from.

My stepmother was looking at netbooks but the only one I saw that had decent features was at Costco and it is all sold out.