Black Friday Deals

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Nightrich, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Nightrich macrumors regular

Nightrich

I originally had a 38mm SGS back in June and returned it after about a week. I have since regretted doing so and having seen the new sport colors I have decided I want one again! I have a couple hundred dollars in Apple Store gift cards so my question is would you guys wait to see if there is any sort of Black Friday deal or just go ahead and order now?
    I'm sure either target or Best Buy will offer some sort of incentive to buy it that weekend but since I already essentially have $200 off from the Apple Store I doubt the deals they may offer would be worth getting it through them.

Have any of you heard of any deals that will be coming up? Bundled iTunes cards or something like a free band?

Feel free to use this thread to post any deals you hear about or any advice on the gold aluminum vs the Rose gold aluminum. I know I will be getting one or the other!

I have yet to have the opportunity to see the Rose gold in person and don't know if it's too pink for me.

2. Kitkat52, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

Kitkat52 macrumors member

Kitkat52

image.jpeg View attachment 593607 View attachment 593607
    I have the Rose gold and it is not too pink for me. The only issue that I have is not all the sports bands match, but realistically I have only had that issue with the lime-green sports band. I bought the orange sports band yesterday and I like it. Here is a picture.

3. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Looks nice! I've got a Stuhrling rose gold automatic that my wife bought me for our anniversary and Apple's rose gold aluminum is definitely more pink than copper it seems. Looks good though!

Now if I can just decide to wait until Black Friday or buy now!

4. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

image.jpeg

Here is the Stuhrling to which I'm referring. Definitely a little more copper and yellow.

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

i want to know this as well. Any idea about black friday deals? I want to get the watch for myself.

6. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

If there was ever an Apple product that I think could have a deal, it would be the Apple Watch. Maybe the sport could go for $50 off and maybe the SS as well. Can't imagine much more. I would love to see even better or buy either watch SS or Sport and get a $100 gift card. :)

Just wild guesses or hopes and I don't even need one.

7. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Hey now we're talkin! I will say that of course one could use the Target Red Card to purchase an Apple Watch and get 5% off. Also, I stopped by my local Best Buy the other day and was talking to one of the sales staff about the Apple Watch. He told me their ad would be "leaked" November 1st. I said I would wait to see that kind of deals showed up before buying. He then offered to sell me an open box for around $30-$40 off. I said no thanks but something to think about at least for those of you about to get one. I will wait and see what Apple offers since I already have gift cards there but let me know if you guys hear anything else for sure.

8. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

if you have discover card then with apple pay you can have 10% discount.

9. pkcable macrumors newbie

pkcable

While Apple does sometimes have Black Friday deals they are usually not substantial. 10% off is the norm, BUT every little bit help, however there is no guarantee the watch will be included. You might want to consider the after market also, site such as swappa, or ebay always have Apple Watches available. :)

10. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

to be honest there is not much difference between the brand new and used one. and 10% on discover is addition to any off which we can see on blackfriday!

11. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

Just saw a leaked as for Target and it offered a 10% discount on an Apple Watch when bought with an iPhone. Nothing too major and will definitely be trumped with some sort of Black Friday deal as the time nears.

12. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Not sure where you are looking on eBay, but there can be quite a difference between new and used. I bought a SS with Black Classic Buckle and AC+, 18 months remaining, that is in mint condition (doesn't look like its been worn at all) for $520. The seller is a very reputable used Apple seller with xx,xxx positive ratings, communicated with me ahead of time for questions, shipped it to me free and arrived a day early, and was exactly as advertised. This was several hundred dollars cheaper than new. I've seen similar deals on Craigslist, but liked the security of a reputable reseller on Ebay with a good return policy.

13. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

well i think that was just a pure luck on your part. wheneer i tried finding them on ebay they were more or less $100 cheap.

14. Nightrich thread starter macrumors regular

Nightrich

I just saw that the Target Black Friday ad was leaked and the offer is a $100 with the purchase of an Apple Watch. So that's not a bad deal considering you could still use your Red Card 5% off as well. I still have $200 in Apple Store credit so I might as well just wait to buy it from Apple even if they're offer is a $25 iTunes card or something like that.

15. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

it wasnt leaked. its on their web site. i have 52$ in apple store card. and if apple have some nice deals on black friday i will go and get it from them otherwise i am not going to get it.