Black Friday & educational discounts

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Action Jackson, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Action Jackson macrumors newbie

I have access to the educational discounts... any chance that Apple will let me combine that with whatever the Black Friday discounts will be online?

2. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

nahhh
    what i heard is that last year they just gave you the education discount (so you did not have to go through the edu store)

maybe they will do something different this year.. but apple is not a fan of discounts...but depending on what you want to buy here are tips:
    if you are looking fora machine, ie. itouch, mac, go through apple authorized retailers, they give a better discount
    if you want accessories: look at both places.. apple tends to give much more discount on accessories than the machines itself.. (i think)

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i doubt that they'll have any kind of "new" discounts :p

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

No chance. Greedy Apple only allows very minor discounts, if any. Want a great deal? You're _not_ going to find one at Apple.

Try third party resellers like Mac Connection & others. But be careful because Apple gives them a hard way to go as well. It's the Apple Tax you know. You'd think the damn things were made out of gold... Heh!

5. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

this whole apple tax.. isn't that just state tax or apple tax meaning the additional prices included in a product. like for example the MBP should be about $800, and and the apple tax $400? and then state tax?

6. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

7. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

yea i think authorized retailers like best buy will have better deals than apple for black friday...I sorta want an iPad for christmas but no good deals so far

8. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

I'm pretty sure that "Apple Tax" just means Apple's computers cost more than a Windows machine with "similar specs." Just an expression, not an actual tax.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

To date apple never combined sales and educational discounts. Heck apple having an actual sale is a rarity in its own right. They don't need to cut the price of anything to draw people into their stores and sell their computers.

Still black friday is one of those days, if apple were to provide a sale, that would be it. They are tempting us with an emailing about some sort of black friday specials so lets keep our fingers crossed.