Black Friday GlassBook Deals

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iMacUser324, Nov 25, 2008.

1. iMacUser324 macrumors regular

iMacUser324

Does anyone know if Apple will be offering any good deals on the new MacBook this Friday?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    No one knows for sure until friday. But just like the main page says, apple is rumored to be doing price matching so it doesn't really matter.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

In the past the Black Friday deals on iMacs and MacBooks has been somewhere in the $100 to 10% range. Apple traditionally has a them. One year it was $101 off or $111 off making things $1,788 instead of $1,899. Other years I think they have gone with the percentage route. I would expect to save $100-200 off a MacBook or MacBook Pro this Friday.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yup what roland said. Basically, it's almost like getting the item tax free.

5. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    Apple stores in the US are already price matching the $100-$150 off that Best Buy is offering in stores. Just take in a printout of the web site showing the price, and stock of your local store and they will match it. If you need one, Get them now before the masses get all the stock on Friday. They won't be lower than that on Friday.

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Funny thing for me is I am always a really smart shopper and use the web to find great deals on higher end products and components. I don't buy cheap stuff, I just get the best price I can. With Apple that usually means going Amazon or something because there is no tax. However, every Mac I have ever bought has been a BTO (build to order), so I went through Apple because MacMall and Amazon usually don't offer those options. And I don't mind buying direct from Apple though it does make an expensive computer cost a bit more. Ironically when I bought MacBook recently I went with a stock model figuring I could upgrade the RAM later and HDD if I ever needed to, but instead of waiting on deals and such, or saving tax online, I got it at an Apple Store, which was nice being able to take it home and open it right away.

7. mosx macrumors 65816

Calling it a "GlassBook" should be grounds for a permaban :mad:

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The forums should at least wordfilter "iTouch" to iPod touch and "GlassBook" to aluminum MacBook...:rolleyes:

9. zombie1210 macrumors regular

zombie1210

Starbucks is offering free MB's with the purchase of two lattes.
    :eek:

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Yeah, but only the ones with Slanted Keys and Loose battery covers, so no way!!!

:p

11. zombie1210 macrumors regular

zombie1210

You only get those with an Americano.
    :D

12. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

SO at $599 a Latte it's right on point! :D

13. kinkster macrumors 6502a

I think I'm just going to get one on ebay, and go for the $200 cash back from microsoft.