Black Friday/Holiday Deals

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The_Joker13, Oct 6, 2017.

1. The_Joker13 macrumors member

The_Joker13

Hello everyone, I’m curious if anyone has any insight to what we might see for deals on MacBook Pros this holiday season. I’m at the point where My IMac from 2009 is on it’s last legs and I’m hoping I can hold out till the holidays to get the best deal, or if there will be any? I can’t remember back to last year what kind of deals they had because I wasn’t in the market for a new computer at the time. There are some pretty good deals from B&H and similar sites right now and was wondering if it’s worth the wait or if I should just pull the trigger now. I’m going to get a 15” pro if that matters. TIA.

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Can I ask you something off topic? I see your avatar, The Joker. I know someone who uses "The Joker" as his, let's just say, monogramming. What is it about "The Joker" that you like so much? We are trying to understand this person and feel, his use of the name "The Joker" will explain a little about him. Thank you.

3. The_Joker13 thread starter macrumors member

The_Joker13

I’m a comic book nerd and the joker is my favorite villain.

4. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

I think you're going to have to do a little better to satisfy that question...

As to sales, generally buy it when you need it and don't worry. If it was next week you could wait, if you can wait you can by all means wait. But there are constantly sales, after Black Friday it'll be Christmas, and then it'll be January, and then Easter... You don't tend to see meaningful discounts on current products, more older discontinued ones. So if you can wait a few weeks then try it, but if you're desperate I wouldn't hold out on saving $100, if it means the difference of being able to work or not.

5. jerryk macrumors 601

If your system is dying, I would get one sooner rather than later.

In addition to new systems on sale, also check out the refurbished systems on the Apple web site. They are typically 15% or more less than new, come with a 1 year warranty and are eligible for AppleCare. If you closely inspect one you will be hard pressed to tell the refurbished from a new one.

6. The_Joker13 thread starter macrumors member

The_Joker13

Lol, I know it wasn’t a satisfying answer but it is a truthful one. I didn’t put a lot of thought into it.

7. cheezeit macrumors 6502

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

How do you know if the system is dying. I have a 2011 MBA and thought it was time to purchase a new laptop. I am visiting Portland, Oregon and bought a 2017 MBP-TB today, the one for $1799. I saved 6% business discount plus 7.75 California tax. Is that a good savings?