Black Friday is coming up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fullfloridiancj, Nov 15, 2011.

1. fullfloridiancj macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Black Friday is coming up! I am I crazy to ask if there are discounts on apple care plans? My conputer is within the one year time limit and I would consider buying for a discounted prices

2. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

The cheapest prices are in the Apple Education Store online or education prices at a retail store. No proof of being a student required online. For example, 2011 MBA, regular price $249 ($244 at Amazon), $183 for the Education price. http://store.apple.com/us-k12/browse/home/applecare

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

While this is true, please don't go abuse the openness of the education store if you're not a student. If you're a student, by all means buy from there, but if not, the more rampant abuse there is of the fact that they don't check, the more they'll start to crack down. Not to mention that it's wrong (morally and ethically, probably legally too).

jW

4. fullfloridiancj thread starter macrumors regular

i am a student but when I put in university of tampa i seem to still get the same priced apple care at 249

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I've found that LA Computer Co. has the best prices on AppleCare.

6. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

The Black Friday sales in the past never included stand-alone AppleCare.

LA Computer Company and B&H Photo Video are usually the cheapest options. Prices do fluctuate among some retailers (like Amazon) so keep any eye on them.

7. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

They currently show $180 for the MBA, although shipping adds $10. No sales tax outside California.

8. realchimera macrumors regular

Do you buy extended warranty when you buy a new luxury car?

9. interrobang macrumors 6502

If cars were as prone to major component failures as today's laptop computers are, you bet I would.

Actually, if cars were as unreliable as computers, I'd be taking the bus to work.

10. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

If your university has an on-campus store, check with them. Because of abuse of the online store, Apple stopped offering discounts at many universities, but the on-campus stores can still offer them because they verify eligibility for each purchase. Also check with the Apple Store directly, they'll do the same.

jW