Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbfinch2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
I've never been to a store black Friday, but do you think I can nab a Macbook Air for a cheap price somewhere?

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Historically, I don't recall any significant sale prices for Macbook Airs on Black Friday. Perhaps something like $50 off. Some might consider that significant, but I don't.

Best Buy has been regularly offering MBA's on sale since the early Summer. Between the sale price and .edu discount (if applicable in your situation) they have been Black Friday "door buster"-like prices (percentage discounts similar to infamous Black Friday "door buster" deals).

One example: I purchased an 11" MBA 4GB/128GB back in June @ Best Buy. Sale price plus .edu discount: $650. with additional discounts/incentives, $450 out-the-door (tax included).

That is a lot of words to say, "If you find a good sale on MBA's before Black Friday, buy it don't wait." :)

cr2

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Check online too, there is a possibility to save some sales tax money if the retailer is out of state.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.