Black Friday Macbook sale?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chipandtoast, Nov 14, 2009.

1. chipandtoast macrumors member

Ok I've been saving up for a macbook and finally have enough. But my question is I don't want to waste money buying it right away. I'm going to Buy the $999 one and I want to know when the best sale will be? Before Black Friday on, after? :apple::D

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple typically does not do anything for black friday but the Best Buy flyer seems to indicate that you'll get a $150 gift card with a purchase of the 999 macbook

3. chipandtoast thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

(sorry to the other person I didnt know how to search.)

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No apology necessary. Many new to the forum aren't aware that searching the forum with MRoogle will usually find answers to most of your questions in existing threads.

5. likegadgets macrumors 6502

Check MacConnection.com - they often have good values (extras, discounts, free shipping and no sales tax)

6. cfitz7111 macrumors 6502

other places to consider, MacMall, check Amazon on that Friday, as well as MicroCenter is running a $200 rebate (Visa Gift Card), but you have to pick up in person.

7. chipandtoast thread starter macrumors member

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've never once used mroogle, mostly because the name sounds so lame. The regular search and/or posting a new thread typically does the trick for me.

9. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

some the ads are out. try blackfriday.com The only deals you will probably see with a Mac is a deal on a printer or some bundle a store put together. Some local Apple resellers will have offers but you have to take in account the tax and know exactly how much the Mac and accessories go for.

Online check Small Dog, MacMall, micro Center

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

To the OP - you really should search, we have a fabulous guide (the link is in bold below.) When Apple officially announces something it will be posted on the front page. In addition, MacRumors will collect information from all retailers on Thursday (and before) to prepare for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and that information will be posted on the front page.

If you had searched, you would have found that someone started a thread from what is apparently a leaked ad, here. Microcenter is apparently offering the MacBook at the same price but with a $200 Visa Gift Card. Black Friday/Cyber Monday (the Monday following) will be the best time.

WTF are you talking about?

Here is what Apple hasn't done on Black Friday (and Black Friday) only since 2002.

It's not like it was on the front page:
    mroogle works quite well, significantly easier then normal search. Posting a new thread is the reason why one searches.

@GGJStudios, you are aware you posted the same link twice, if that matters given the reasons we have for searching...

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ahhh sarcasam. :rolleyes:

OP: I think the discount is often around $101.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I thought sarcasm at first, but I remembered this thread from a tad back, and then changed my opinion.

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

MRoogle is nothing more than using Google to search the MacRumors Forums, hence the name "MR" (for MacRumors) + "oogle" (for Google). It's just a quicker method than using Google to search for "searchterms site:forums.macrumors.com", and it frequently finds results that are missed using the forum's search tool.

Thanks for catching that. Copy/paste problem. I've added a few more links to that post.

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

As long as you got Teh Official thread. ;)

15. bmstrong macrumors 6502

What might one use a Visa Gift Card for? It's a great deal, but useless to me if I have to stay within the confines of that store.

16. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Visa gift cards can be used anywhere that accepts Visa credit cards. That store, the Apple store, your grocery store... whatever.

One thought would be to use the card to make a separate purchase of AppleCare. It should cover a big hunk of it.

17. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I believe it would be very smart to wait until the rest of the retailers, particularly those online release their sales, just my thoughts.