Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DynamicNotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Based on past BF deals, anyone venture to guess what may be offered as a discount on the New MB Pro?

Last edited:

DynamicNotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
16-inch MacBook Pro (2019)

MacBook Pro (16-inch, Late 2019) | $2,149 at Amazon​

In late 2019, Apple bumped the top-end MacBook Pro display size up to 16 inches and redeveloped the keyboard for a more reliable experience. Since it's been out a few months, it has seen a few discounts, but this $250 price drop at Amazon in space gray or silver is one of its best yet. The 1TB model is $300 off.

Past Apple Black Friday Sales​

Past Apple Black Friday Sales With Black Friday comes some of the year's best deals on computers and electronics, including Apple devices. Historically, third-party retailers have offered steep instant discounts on a wide range of Apple products, from iPad to MacBook Pro, typically beating Apple Store promotions. In most years, including 2020, Apple issued gift cards with qualifying products, while Apple Authorized Resellers offered even bigger cash discounts on select items.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
We'll have to wait and see how Apple's supply chain for the new MBP's shapes up.

If they've got things under control, there may be enough product so that we could see discounts of up to $150-200 for Black Friday sales.

I intend to hold out at least until then, unless a good deal pops up at the proper reseller.

Just wondering:
How DOES Apple get new Macs to North America?
I'm going to assume that they don't [generally] use run-of-the-mill containers that go onto container ships.
Do they ship Macs to the USA/Canada by air freight?
Or... do they have a small (ocean-based) shipping line that's dedicated to deliver Apple products?

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
I mean you can get $300 off the new one with student discount on apple's website.
This. I got Education Discount as a college administrator. Though, I’ve been told by an Apple employee in an aApple store that “Apple doesn’t really verify”… In the end, my discount was equivalent to my taxes on the purchase. Still a discount!

EDIT: Or I can tell myself the discount was roughly equivalent to cost from the (perhaps superfluous for my needs) upgrade from 8/14 cores to 10/16 cores. :)

Last edited:

BasedReborn

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2021
If you use edu pricing and choose to pick up Tuesday when that becomes available will you need school id?

DynamicNotch

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Quite a broad, general term….

Student: a person who studies something.

I qualify

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.