Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by hologram, Nov 26, 2014.

1. hologram, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

hologram macrumors 6502

Well, I can't put it off any longer, it's time for a new iMac, and it going to be an expensive one. ;)

Does anyone prefer one day over the other? Are the deals generally the same on both days, or has anyone saved significant $ by buying on cyber Monday? The name makes me think there might be better deals then, but maybe it's just advertising BS.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Edit: MacMall started their sale today so I just ordered it. If it's better to buy it on cyber Monday I don't want to know anymore. :eek:

I got a 27" 5k iMac, 4gh i7, 8 ram, 512 SSD, M295X and Applecare for $3448. It's replacing an early-2008 24" w/ 4gb ram. I have a feeling I'm going to like it. :D

2. Korky macrumors member

I think it's now become much of a Black Friday in to Cyber Monday weekend of sales and discounts.

At a pure guess the deal will be the same on both days and Cyber Monday is only as far as I know named such as its the biggest ordering day online pre Christmas, therefore as it follows Black Friday why not make it a weekend worth of discounts and capitalise on it for the retailers.