iPad Black Friday price matching at Apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcdj, Nov 27, 2014.

1. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Anyone know their matching policy for tomorrow?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I don't think Apple does price matching ....or do they ?

3. aneftp macrumors 601

Apple Black Fridays these days involved just apple gift cards. I doubt they will match.

4. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

5. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

6. mcdj thread starter macrumors G3

mcdj

7. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Generally speaking, most stores will not price match black friday deals. Im guessing Apple is no different.

8. PocoPox macrumors newbie

9. pdawg macrumors regular

An associate I talked to a few weeks ago said they did price match. This was in reference to an iPad mini I asked about.

10. mcdj thread starter macrumors G3

mcdj

I just returned from the Apple store after being told they do price match up to 10%, they WOULD honor that policy today, AND would include the iTunes gift card today.

However, upon arrival at the store, I was told none of that is true. After explaining that I was just called and was told they would do it, the manager made an exception and price matched Best Buy on an iPad Mini 3, but he wouldn't give the me the iTunes card. So I basically wasted a trip across town, because I could have just bought one at Best Buy for the same price.

I called Apple again to clarify their policy and was told a 3rd story; they only do 10% on Macs. For iPhones and iPads the policy is up to 5%.

11. PocoPox macrumors newbie

It is up to the manager's discretion but you can't double or triple dip discounts, you can only pick one. In this case it would be either 10% off, iTunes gift card, or educational discount. You choose which ever one works best for you.

Apple almost never has the best discounts on Apple products.

I had a left over gift card which I used on the iPad Air 2; otherwise I would've bought from Best Buy instead.