Black Friday Reductions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mdcuk, Nov 22, 2011.

1. mdcuk macrumors newbie

Hey guys, im looking at buying an i7 13" macbook pro soon... ill being education pricing can i use this with the reductions on black Friday? also what sort of reductions will there be on this product?

cheers:apple::apple:

2. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

They don't let you stack discounts. Student pricing will probably be better than the black friday deals.

3. hackdroid macrumors newbie

you will only get a $100-$150 discount on black friday i believe.

wait for the school promotions :D

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Historically that's been the case.. Regular pricing dropped to EDU pricing level and EDU remains the same.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

Apple is not known for good Black Friday deals. On Amazon they are usually $50 off Apple's regular price and when you count no State tax and free shipping, it's pretty good for an everyday price.

6. happle macrumors 6502a

is there tax at the apple store? i believe theres no tax when you order a mac online, correct? someone fill me in, please.

7. Ccrew macrumors 68020

The general rule of thumb for taxes is if the company shipping to you has a physical business presence in the state you live in they're required to collect tax.

I live in VA, and Apple has a number of stores here. I pay taxes if I buy from Apple, whereas if I buy from Amazon no.

But the catch 22 is that legally in most states you are required to pay that tax even if the vendor doesn't collect it. We do that, right? :)

8. happle macrumors 6502a

always and forever :)0

9. Spadoinkles, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

Spadoinkles macrumors regular

You duh no england good. :eek:

Black Friday the sale the no stacking with educationing price so the probable none reduction.

Haha seriously, they don't stack. Don't expect too much, probably within very close proximity to educational pricing. Every dollar counts though right?