Black Friday Specials; 15" rMBP....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marc55, Nov 25, 2015.

1. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, I'm noticing that B&H is heavily discounting a number of Macs. Good news for those who are looking to buy them. I'm getting an iMac but I get an EDU discount so I'm on the fence to pick it up at the apple store or order at B&H. The price differences are minimal.

3. CE3 macrumors 6502a

I recently got this model on eBay for $2000 brand new. It was listed for the same 2150 price as the b&h sale and I made an offer for 2K thinking the seller probably wouldn't accept it but they did. Of course there's more risk buying on eBay, but thankfully everything was fine. I'm happy these Black Friday sales aren't making me wish I'd waited.. and this is still a pretty decent deal on a great MacBook.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah that's something which never enters my purchase decisions. I'll use eBay for some used or other things, but never for a brand new computer - that's just me.

5. CE3 macrumors 6502a

No, you're right, it wasn't the smartest decision (the seller didn't have much feedback), and I was pretty worried before it arrived. I guess I got lucky this time.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

IT can work out, and I'm glad you weren't burned - good luck on your new baby :)

7. CE3 macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I'm loving it so far.

8. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

I purchased my current Mid-2014 maxed out rMBP brand new on eBay and it even came with apple care without my knowing for $2000 about 6 months ago. I've also purchased two previous rMBP's before my current one on eBay at incredible prices, all brand new, and received no problems at all. I don't understand what the risk is. Just purchase from reputable sellers. And even if something goes wrong, eBay will fix the problem. It's not like you're going to end up with nothing - you always get your money back if there is a problem.

Honestly, I don't understand why more people don't purchase macs on eBay. You can really get some awesome deals that beat any other seller online.

9. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Every Mac I have purchased has been bought on eBay. I got my current mid 2014 15" rMBP w/dGPU for $1650. It was two month old with 4 battery cycles and it even has the 3 year Applecare. Saved me over $1000 compared to buying it new from Apple.

10. CE3, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015

CE3 macrumors 6502a

In my case, the seller had a feedback score of 4 (all positive and two were for recent MacBook sales).. but I don't even think I looked at seller profile before making an offer (which was foolish). I did it on a whim thinking it probably wouldn't get accepted.. but it was accepted within 5 minutes. I was concerned there had to be a catch for getting such a good deal. I know eBay has a money back guarantee, but with these being higher priced items, resolving a fraud issue could've taken some time and been a real headache (not that I would've had anyone else to blame).

That said, I've been an eBay member since 2002, and while I'm not a big buyer or seller, I've never been scammed, and this seller turned out to be great.

11. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

macmall is having great deals too